Financial support from Shanghai Science and Technology Committee (10ZR1404200), Shanghai Leading Academic Discipline Project (B108), the National Nature Science Foundation of China (21102018, 20973041) and National Basic Research Program of China (2011CB808505) is gratefully acknowledged.
Frustrated Lewis Pair Induced Boroauration of Terminal Alkynes†
Article first published online: 18 OCT 2012
Copyright © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 51, Issue 48, pages 12047–12050, November 26, 2012
How to Cite
Ye, H., Lu, Z., You, D., Chen, Z., Li, Z. H. and Wang, H. (2012), Frustrated Lewis Pair Induced Boroauration of Terminal Alkynes . Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 51: 12047–12050. doi: 10.1002/anie.201206927
- Issue published online: 21 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 18 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 27 AUG 2012
- Shanghai Science and Technology Committee. Grant Number: 10ZR1404200
- Shanghai Leading Academic Discipline Project. Grant Number: B108
- National Nature Science Foundation of China. Grant Numbers: 21102018, 20973041
- National Basic Research Program of China. Grant Number: 2011CB808505
Golden frustration: The facile activation of terminal alkynes with a frustrated Lewis pair (1 and 1,4-diazabicyclo[2.2.2]octane (DABCO)) enables the development of an efficient boroauration reaction. This process can be achieved directly from alkynes, a hydroborane, [PPh3AuCl], and an organic base. ArF=2,4,6-tris(trifluoromethyl)phenyl.