Part of the work described in this article was supported by the European Union FP7 ANTICARB program (HEALTH-2007-201587) and ERC Advanced Grant Carbonanobridge (ERC-2008-AdG-227135). We wish to thank the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), the University of Trieste, the Italian Ministry of Education MIUR (Cofin Prot. 20085M27SS and FIRB prot. RBAP11ETKA), Regione Friuli-Venezia Giulia (Nanocancer), and AIRC (AIRC 5 per mille, Rif. 12214 “Application of Advanced Nanotechnology in the Development of Innovative Cancer Diagnostics Tools”). H.A.-B. was a recipient of the postdoctoral Maplethorpe Fellowship from the University of London. R.S. wishes to acknowledge FP6 European Union program NEURONANO (NMP4-CT-2006-031847). We would like to acknowledge Prof. K. Donaldson and Dr. C. Poland at the MRC/University of Edinburgh Centre for Inflammation Research for their advice, critical reading of this manuscript, and the provision of the long, pristine MWNTs (NTlong). The reductively functionalized MWNTs (NT-Alkyl) were provided by Dr. A. Higginbotham-Duque and Prof. J. Tour at Rice University, Texas (USA). Prof. J. Tour is also acknowledged for critically reading this manuscript.
Asbestos-like Pathogenicity of Long Carbon Nanotubes Alleviated by Chemical Functionalization†
Version of Record online: 14 JAN 2013
Copyright © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 52, Issue 8, pages 2274–2278, February 18, 2013
How to Cite
Ali-Boucetta, H., Nunes, A., Sainz, R., Herrero, M. A., Tian, B., Prato, M., Bianco, A. and Kostarelos, K. (2013), Asbestos-like Pathogenicity of Long Carbon Nanotubes Alleviated by Chemical Functionalization. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 52: 2274–2278. doi: 10.1002/anie.201207664
- Issue online: 13 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 14 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 27 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 22 SEP 2012
- European Union. Grant Number: HEALTH-2007-201587
- ERC Advanced Grant Carbonanobridge. Grant Number: ERC-2008-AdG-227135
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS)
- University of Trieste
- Italian Ministry of Education MIUR. Grant Number: 20085M27SS
- Regione Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- European Union. Grant Number: NMP4-CT-2006-031847
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!