These authors contributed equally to this work.
Copper-Catalyzed Oxidative Coupling of Alkenes with Aldehydes: Direct Access to α,β-Unsaturated Ketones†
Article first published online: 25 JAN 2013
Copyright © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 52, Issue 8, pages 2256–2259, February 18, 2013
How to Cite
Wang, J., Liu, C., Yuan, J. and Lei, A. (2013), Copper-Catalyzed Oxidative Coupling of Alkenes with Aldehydes: Direct Access to α,β-Unsaturated Ketones. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 52: 2256–2259. doi: 10.1002/anie.201208920
This work was supported by the 973 Program (2012CB725302), the National Natural Science Foundation of China (21025206 and 21272180), and the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation funded project (2012M521458). We are also grateful for the support from the Program for Changjiang Scholars and Innovative Research Team in University (IRT1030).
- Issue published online: 13 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 25 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 7 NOV 2012
- 973 Program. Grant Number: 2012CB725302
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Numbers: 21025206, 21272180
- China Postdoctoral Science Foundation. Grant Number: 2012M521458
- Program for Changjiang Scholars and Innovative Research Team in University. Grant Number: IRT1030
- oxidative coupling;
- α,β-unsaturated ketones
Let's get radical: The first copper-catalyzed oxidative coupling of alkenes and aldehydes was developed. Various aldehydes were utilized as substrates to construct α,β-unsaturated ketones. A preliminary mechanistic study indicated that this reaction is likely to proceed through a single-electron transfer.