This work was supported by DARPA under award number W911NF-11-1-0094. The development of materials and the analysis of thermodynamics was supported by a subcontract from Northwestern University on DOE award no DE-SC0000989. We also thank James McArthur (Department of Physics, Harvard University) for designing the initial sparking board and Marc Strauss (Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering) for building it.
Using Explosions to Power a Soft Robot†
Article first published online: 4 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 52, Issue 10, pages 2892–2896, March 4, 2013
How to Cite
Shepherd, R. F., Stokes, A. A., Freake, J., Barber, J., Snyder, P. W., Mazzeo, A. D., Cademartiri, L., Morin, S. A. and Whitesides, G. M. (2013), Using Explosions to Power a Soft Robot . Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 52: 2892–2896. doi: 10.1002/anie.201209540
- Issue published online: 27 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 4 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 28 NOV 2012
- DARPA. Grant Number: W911NF-11-1-0094
- Northwestern University
- DOE. Grant Number: DE-SC0000989
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!