This work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (21102080) and Tsinghua University Initiative Scientific Research Program (2011Z02150).
Copper(II)-Catalyzed Three-Component Cascade Annulation of Diaryliodoniums, Nitriles, and Alkynes: A Regioselective Synthesis of Multiply Substituted Quinolines†
Article first published online: 9 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 52, Issue 20, pages 5323–5327, May 10, 2013
How to Cite
Wang, Y., Chen, C., Peng, J. and Li, M. (2013), Copper(II)-Catalyzed Three-Component Cascade Annulation of Diaryliodoniums, Nitriles, and Alkynes: A Regioselective Synthesis of Multiply Substituted Quinolines . Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 52: 5323–5327. doi: 10.1002/anie.201300586
- Issue published online: 3 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 9 APR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 27 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 23 JAN 2013
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Number: 21102080
- Tsinghua University Initiative Scientific Research Program. Grant Number: 2011Z02150
- nitrogen heterocycles
Three become one: Multiply substituted quinolines were synthesized from diaryliodoniums, alkynes, and nitriles by a CuII-catalyzed method. This cascade annulation is highly regioselective, step-economic, flexible with regard to the functional groups, and could potentially be applied to the synthesis of complex molecules.