These authors contributed equally to this work.
Particle Manipulation Based on Optically Controlled Free Surface Hydrodynamics†
Article first published online: 31 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 52, Issue 28, pages 7291–7295, July 8, 2013
How to Cite
Varanakkottu, S. N., George, S. D., Baier, T., Hardt, S., Ewald, M. and Biesalski, M. (2013), Particle Manipulation Based on Optically Controlled Free Surface Hydrodynamics. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 52: 7291–7295. doi: 10.1002/anie.201302111
S.N.V., S.D.G., T.B., and S.H. kindly acknowledge support by the German Research Foundation (DFG) through the Cluster of Excellence 259. M. Ewald and M. Biesalski gratefully acknowledge funding from the research initiative “Soft Control” within the LOEWE Program of the State of Hessen (Germany). S.N.V. and S.D.G performed the experiments and the analysis of the experimental data. T.B. did the Computational Fluid Dynamics simulations and helped with the interpretation of the experimental results. S.H. developed the concept of optically-controlled Marangoni tweezers based on photosensitive surfactants and helped with the interpretation of the experimental results. M.E. and M.B. were responsible for the synthesis and purification of the surfactant C4AzoOC4E2, as well as for the verification the chemical identity of this molecule.
- Issue published online: 4 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 31 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 13 MAR 2013
- German Research Foundation
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!