These authors contributed equally to this work.
Key Intermediates of Iodine-Mediated Electrophilic Cyclization: Isolation and Characterization in an Osmabenzene System†
Article first published online: 29 JUL 2013
Copyright © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 52, Issue 35, pages 9251–9255, August 26, 2013
How to Cite
Wang, T., Zhang, H., Han, F., Long, L., Lin, Z. and Xia, H. (2013), Key Intermediates of Iodine-Mediated Electrophilic Cyclization: Isolation and Characterization in an Osmabenzene System. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 52: 9251–9255. doi: 10.1002/anie.201302863
We thank the 973 Program (No. 2012CB821600), the National Natural Science Foundation of China (20925208, 21174115, 21272193), the Research Grants Council of Hong Kong (HKUST603711), and program for Changjiang Scholars and Innovative Research Team in University.
- Issue published online: 22 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 29 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 6 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 6 APR 2013
- 973 Program. Grant Number: 2012CB821600
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Numbers: 20925208, 21174115, 21272193
- Research Grants Council of Hong Kong. Grant Number: HKUST603711
- Changjiang Scholars and Innovative Research Team in University
- reactive intermediates
Caught in the act: Key intermediates in an iodine-mediated electrophilic cyclization reaction was isolated by introducing metallabenzenes as the starting material. The unique structure of the intermediate should be described as the intimate ion pair form, instead of the widely accepted iodonium ion form.