These authors contributed equally to this work.
Epidithiodiketopiperazine Biosynthesis: A Four-Enzyme Cascade Converts Glutathione Conjugates into Transannular Disulfide Bridges†
Article first published online: 26 AUG 2013
Copyright © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 52, Issue 42, pages 11092–11095, October 11, 2013
How to Cite
Scharf, D. H., Chankhamjon, P., Scherlach, K., Heinekamp, T., Willing, K., Brakhage, A. A. and Hertweck, C. (2013), Epidithiodiketopiperazine Biosynthesis: A Four-Enzyme Cascade Converts Glutathione Conjugates into Transannular Disulfide Bridges. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 52: 11092–11095. doi: 10.1002/anie.201305059
We thank A. Perner for MS measurements, M. Poetsch for MALDI measurements, S. Fricke and C. Schult for technical assistance, P. Berthel for performing fermentations, M. Steinacker for downstream processing, P. Hortschansky for support in protein production, and A. Thywißen for providing the fluorescence microscope picture for the table of contents entry. This work was supported by the “Pakt für Forschung und Innovation” of the Free State of Thuringia and the BMBF, and the International Leibniz Research School for Biomolecular and Microbial Interactions (ILRS), as part of the excellence graduate school Jena School for Microbial Communication (JSMC).
- Issue published online: 10 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 26 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 12 JUN 2013
- Free State of Thuringia
- International Leibniz Research School for Biomolecular and Microbial Interactions (ILRS)
- Jena School for Microbial Communication (JSMC)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!