These authors contributed equally to this work.
Computational Design of Helical Peptides Targeting TNFα†
Article first published online: 26 AUG 2013
Copyright © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 52, Issue 42, pages 11059–11062, October 11, 2013
How to Cite
Zhang, C., Shen, Q., Tang, B. and Lai, L. (2013), Computational Design of Helical Peptides Targeting TNFα. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 52: 11059–11062. doi: 10.1002/anie.201305963
This work was supported in part by the Ministry of Science and Technology of China (2009CB918500) and the National Natural Science Foundation of China (11021463, 90913021). TNFα=tumor necrosis factor-α.
- Issue published online: 10 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 26 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 9 JUL 2013
- Ministry of Science and Technology of China. Grant Number: 2009CB918500
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Numbers: 11021463, 90913021
- computational design;
- helical peptides;
- protein/peptide drug;
- protein–protein interactions;
Find and bind: A computational strategy for designing single-helical peptides that can bind to a target protein was developed. After identification of potential helix-binding positions, sequences and binding conformations were derived theoretically, and explored by experimental screening. This method was successfully applied in designing peptide inhibitors for a therapeutic target, tumor necrosis factor-α (TNFα).