This work was supported by a National University of Singapore–Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Joint Research Project grant (C.-Y.K.), the Biotechnology and Biological Science Research Council (BB/H01330X/1; D.J.R. and M.W.), the 2011 CCP4/OIST School in Protein Crystallography, and the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (LS103; K.W.). Use of the Advanced Photon Source was supported by the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Science, Office of Basic Energy Sciences (DE-AC02-06CH11357). Use of the IMCA-CAT beamline 17-ID at the Advanced Photon Source was supported by the companies of the Industrial Macromolecular Crystallography Association through a contract with the Hauptman–Woodward Medical Research Institute. We would like to thank Dr. Andrey Lebedev of the CCP4 group for his expert advice on ligand building and structure solution. The computational infrastructure used by AMPLE in this work was provided by the Research Complex at Harwell and CCP4.
Conversion of a Disulfide Bond into a Thioacetal Group during Echinomycin Biosynthesis†
Article first published online: 2 DEC 2013
Copyright © 2014 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 53, Issue 3, pages 824–828, January 13, 2014
How to Cite
Hotta, K., Keegan, R. M., Ranganathan, S., Fang, M., Bibby, J., Winn, M. D., Sato, M., Lian, M., Watanabe, K., Rigden, D. J. and Kim, C.-Y. (2014), Conversion of a Disulfide Bond into a Thioacetal Group during Echinomycin Biosynthesis. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 53: 824–828. doi: 10.1002/anie.201307404
- Issue published online: 8 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 2 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 1 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Received: 22 AUG 2013
- National University of Singapore–Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
- Biotechnology and Biological Science Research Council. Grant Number: BB/H01330X/1
- 2011 CCP4/OIST School in Protein Crystallography
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science. Grant Number: LS103
- U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Science, Office of Basic Energy Sciences. Grant Number: DE-AC02-06CH11357
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!