We thank Dr. John Decatur and Dr. Yasuhiro Itagaki for NMR spectroscopic and mass spectrometric assistance, Alison Xiang Gao for the synthesis of some intermediates, and Marian Deuker for early studies. We also thank NSF (CHE-0619638) for an X-ray diffractometer and Prof. Gerard Parkin, Dr. Aaron Sattler, and Dr. Wesley Sattler for performing crystallographic analyses that aided our design. Financial support was provided by the National Institutes of Health (R01-GM84994), Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly, Amgen, the NSF (Predoctoral Fellowship to N.E.W.), and the Research Corporation for Science Advancement (Cottrell Scholar Award to S.A.S.).
9-Membered Carbocycle Formation: Development of Distinct Friedel–Crafts Cyclizations and Application to a Scalable Total Synthesis of (±)-Caraphenol A†
Version of Record online: 23 FEB 2014
© 2014 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 53, Issue 13, pages 3409–3413, March 24, 2014
How to Cite
Wright, N. E. and Snyder, S. A. (2014), 9-Membered Carbocycle Formation: Development of Distinct Friedel–Crafts Cyclizations and Application to a Scalable Total Synthesis of (±)-Caraphenol A. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 53: 3409–3413. doi: 10.1002/anie.201311299
- Issue online: 19 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 23 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Received: 30 DEC 2013
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Number: R01-GM84994
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Eli Lilly
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!