Pd-catalyzed ligand-free desulfitative Heck reaction with arenesulfinic acid salts under air
Article first published online: 27 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Applied Organometallic Chemistry
Volume 27, Issue 3, pages 188–190, March 2013
How to Cite
2013), Pd-catalyzed ligand-free desulfitative Heck reaction with arenesulfinic acid salts under air, Appl. Organometal. Chem.. doi: 10.1002/aoc.2970, , and (
- Issue published online: 27 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 27 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 16 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 18 SEP 2012
- National Science Foundation of China. Grant Number: 21172149
- Science Technology Department of Zhejiang Province. Grant Number: 2012R10014-15
- desulfitative coupling, Heck coupling
Palladium-catalyzed cross-coupling reactions of various aryl sulfinic acid salts with a wide variety of vinyl substrates have been achieved in good to excellent yields under simple aerobic conditions at 70°C with the assistance of Cu(II) salts. The reaction can be accelerated by the combination of DMSO with THF. The reported Matsuda–Heck type coupling reactions are tolerant to the common functional groups, making these transformations as attractive alternatives to the traditional cross-coupling approaches. Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.