Preparation of cellulosic ion exchange fiber using an ionic liquid as reaction reagent and medium
Article first published online: 16 JUN 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Applied Polymer Science
Volume 122, Issue 4, pages 2287–2294, 15 November 2011
How to Cite
Chen, C. and Yang, C. (2011), Preparation of cellulosic ion exchange fiber using an ionic liquid as reaction reagent and medium. J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 122: 2287–2294. doi: 10.1002/app.34334
- Issue published online: 5 AUG 2011
- Article first published online: 16 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 FEB 2011
- Manuscript Received: 17 JUN 2010
- Natural Science Foundation of Guangdong Province. Grant Number: 7301526
- Youth Science Foundation of Hanshan Normal University. Grant Number: 413811
- ion exchanger;
- degree of polymerization
A cellulosic ion exchange fiber (CIEF) was prepared by using room-temperature ionic liquid 1-(3-chloro-2-hydroxypropyl)-3-methylimidazolium chloride as reaction reagent and medium. The results showed the degree of substitution of the CIEF was up to 0.78. The product was characterized by Fourier transform infrared spectrometry, thermogravimetric analysis, scanning electronic microscope. The thermal stability of the CIEF was over 200°C. The adsorption experiments of CIEF for Cr(VI) were performed. The adsorption capacity of CIEF for Cr(VI) was found to be 196.1 mg g−1 at 30°C. © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. J Appl Polym Sci, 2011.