Fluidity improvement of semiaromatic polyamides: Modification with oligomers
Article first published online: 24 OCT 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Applied Polymer Science
Volume 131, Issue 7, April 5, 2014
How to Cite
2014). Fluidity improvement of semiaromatic polyamides: Modification with oligomers. J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 131, 40058, doi: 10.1002/app.40058, , , , , and (
- Issue published online: 13 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 24 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Received: 27 JUL 2013
- Science and Technology of the People's Republic of China. Grant Number: 2013BAE02B00
- Key Project for Core Technology of Strategic new industry of Guangdong Province. Grant Number: 2012A090100006
- properties and characterization
Poly(decamethylene terephthalamide) PA10T with different relative viscosities (RV) were successfully produced by the reaction of 1,10-decanediamine and terephthalic acid through molecular weight regulator benzoic acid (BA). RV was shown to be decreased linearly with increasing BA concentrations and detailed structures of PA10Ts were characterized by 13C-NMR. Fluidity of PA10T with varying molecular weight was tested and low RV PA10Ts were used as modifiers to improve fluidity behaviors of high RV PA10Ts, meanwhile mechanical properties were maintained. © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 2014, 131, 40058.