Ecosystem theory and conservation
Article first published online: 3 AUG 2012
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Aquatic Conservation: Marine and Freshwater Ecosystems
Volume 22, Issue 4, pages 423–426, June 2012
How to Cite
Moulton, T. P. (2012), Ecosystem theory and conservation. Aquatic Conserv: Mar. Freshw. Ecosyst., 22: 423–426. doi: 10.1002/aqc.2268
- Issue published online: 3 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 3 AUG 2012
- 1986. Ecology: Individuals, Populations and Communities. Blackwell Scientific: Oxford. , , .
- 2011. Metacommunity theory as a multispecies, multiscale framework for studying the influence of river network structure on riverine communities and ecosystems. Journal of the North American Benthological Society 30: 310–327. , , , , , , .
- 2010. Integration of science and monitoring of river ecosystem health to guide investments in catchment protection and rehabilitation. Freshwater Biology 55: 223–240. , , , , , , , .
- 1992. Can ecosystems be healthy? Critical consideration of concepts. Journal of Ecosystem Health 1: 1–5. .
- 2004. Ecopath with Ecosim: methods, capabilities and limitations. Ecological Modelling 172: 109–139. , .
- 1991. Ecological Economics: The Science and Management of Sustainability. Columbia University Press: New York. .
- 1992. Ecosystem Health: New Goals for Environmental Management. Island Press: Washington DC. , , .
- 2002. Ecosystem adaptation: do ecosystems maximize reslience? Ecology 83: 2019–2026. , .
- 1993. A History of the Ecosystem Concept in Ecology: More Than the Sum of the Parts. Yale University Press: New Haven CT. .
- 2002. Explanation of ecological rules and observation by application of ecosystem theory and ecological models. Ecological Modelling 158: 241–248. .
- 2009. Handbook of Ecological Indicators for Assessment of Ecosystem Health. CRC Press: Boca Raton FL. , , .
- 1992. The problem of pattern and scale in ecology. Ecology 73: 1943–1967. .
- 1988. The Ages of Gaia. Bantam Books: New York.
- 1967. The limiting similarity, convergence and divergence of coexisting species. American Naturalist 101: 377–385. , .
- 1997. Analysis of the properties of exergy and biodiversity along an estuarine gradient of eutrophication. Ecological Modelling 102: 155–167. , , , .
- 1973. Stability and Diversity in Model Ecosystems. Princeton University Press: Princeton NJ. .
- 2001. Is it time to bury the ecosystem concept? (With full military honors, of course!). Ecology 82: 3275–3284. .
- 1997. The Ecological Basis of Conservation: Heterogeneity, Ecosystems, and Biodiversity. Chapman & Hall: New York. , , , .
- 1998a. Ecosystem Health. Blackwell Science: Oxford. , , , , .
- 1998b. Assessing ecosystem health. Trends in Ecology & Evolution 13: 397–402. , , .
- 2011. Connectivity for conservation: a framework to classify network measures. Ecology 92: 847–858. , , .
- Rio Declaration on Environment and Development. 1992. The Earth Summit: the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development. Graham and Troutman/Martinus Nijhoff: London.
- 2003. The plaza and the pendulum: two concepts of ecological science. Biology and Philosophy 18: 529–552. .
- 1993. Method in Ecology: Stategies for Conservation. Cambridge University Press: Cambridge. , .