Scaling the management values divide
Article first published online: 10 OCT 2012
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Aquatic Conservation: Marine and Freshwater Ecosystems
Volume 22, Issue 5, pages 565–568, July 2012
How to Cite
McClanahan, T. R. (2012), Scaling the management values divide. Aquatic Conserv: Mar. Freshw. Ecosyst., 22: 565–568. doi: 10.1002/aqc.2276
- Issue published online: 10 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 10 OCT 2012
- 2009. Power struggle, dispute and alliance over local resources: analyzing ‘democratic’ decentralization of natural resources through the lenses of Africa inland fisheries. World Development 37: 1935–1950. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Socioeconomic Manual for Coral Reef Management. IUCN: Townsville. , , , .
- 2009. Socioeconomic factors that affect artisanal fishers' readiness to exit a declining fishery. Conservation Biology 23: 124–130. , , .
- 2012. Comanagement of coral reef social-ecological systems. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 109: 5219–5222. , , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2012. To fish or not to fish: factors at multiple scales affecting fisher's readiness to exit a declining fishery. PLoS One 7: e31460. , , , , , , .
- 2007. Defining success in fisheries and conflicts in objectives. Marine Policy 31: 153–158. .
- 2007. Management of area and gear in Kenyan coral reefs. In Fisheries Management: Progress Towards Sustainability, McClanahan TR, Castilla JC (eds). Blackwell Press: London; 166–185. .
- 2010. Effects of fisheries closures and gear restrictions on fishing income in a Kenyan coral reef. Conservation Biology 24: 1519–1528. .
- 2011. Human and coral reef use interactions: from impacts to solutions? Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 408: 3–10. .
- 2005. Management of the Kenyan coast. Ocean and Coastal Management 48: 901–931. , , .
- 2009. Management preferences, perceived benefits and conflicts among resource users and managers in the Mafia Island Marine Park, Tanzania. Environmental Conservation 35: 340–350. , , , , .
- 2011. Preparing for Climate Change in the Western Indian Ocean - Identifying Climate Refugia, Biodiversity Responses, and Preferred Management. WIOMSA Book Series No. 12. WIOMSA, Zanzibar. , , .
- 2012. Heterogeneity in fisher's and manager's preferences towards management restrictions and benefits in Kenya. Environmental Conservation DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0376892912000197 , , .
- 1990. Governing the Commons: The Evolution of Institutions for Collective Action. Cambridge University Press: Cambridge. .
- 2010. Five Easy Pieces: How Fishing Impacts Marine Ecosystems. Island Press: Washington, DC. .
- 2008. Happiness, well-being and psychocultural adaptation to the stresses associated with marine fishing. Human Ecology Review 15: 194–200. , .
- 2011. Bridging the divide between fisheries and marine conservation science. Bulletin of Marine Science 87: 251–274. , , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2000. Empathizing with nature: the effects of perspective taking on concern for environmental issues. Journal of Social Issues 56: 391–406. .
- 2006. Clumsy solutions for a complex world: the case of climate change. Public Administration 84: 817–843. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Towards the 2012 marine protected area targets in Eastern Africa. Ocean and Coastal Management 50: 67–83. , , .
- 2008. Assessing progress towards global marine protection targets: shortfalls in information and action. Fauna and Flora International Oryx 42: 340–351. , , , .