Application of X-ray microscopy in analysis of living hydrated cells
Version of Record online: 14 OCT 2002
Copyright © 2002 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 269, Issue 5, pages 217–223, 15 October 2002
How to Cite
Yamamoto, Y. and Shinohara, K. (2002), Application of X-ray microscopy in analysis of living hydrated cells. Anat. Rec., 269: 217–223. doi: 10.1002/ar.10166
- Issue online: 26 DEC 2002
- Version of Record online: 14 OCT 2002
- 1989. Interferon gamma-activated human monocytes downregulate transferrin receptors and inhibit the intracellular multiplication of Legionella pneumophila by limiting the availability of iron. J Clin Invest 83: 1457–1465. , .
- 1979. Leishmania donovani: Promastigote—macrophage surface interactions in vitro. Exp Parasitol 48: 175–189. .
- 1978. Activation of mononuclear phagocytes: Fact, fancy, and future. J Immunol 121: 813–816. .
- 2001. Iron and iron management proteins in neurobiology. Pediatr Neurol 25: 118–129. , , , .
- 1992. X-ray laser microscopy of rat sperm nuclei. Science 258: 269–271. , , , et al.
- 1995. LPS inhibits the intracellular growth of Legionella pneumophila in thioglycolate elicited murine peritoneal macrophages by iron-dependent, tryptophan-independent, oxygen-independent, and arginine-independent mechanisms. J Leukoc Biol 57: 80–87. , , , et al.
- 1994. Altered brain metabolism of iron as a cause of neurodegenerative diseases? J Neurochem 63: 793–807. , , , .
- 2001. Chemical mapping with soft X-ray spectromicroscopy. Am Lab 33: 30–36. .
- 1984. Phagocytosis of the Legionnaires' disease bacterium (Legionella pneumophila) occurs by a novel mechanism: Engulfment within a pseudopod coil. Cell 36: 27–33. .
- 1992. Image blurring by thermal diffusion in the observation of hydrated biomolecules with soft X-ray microscopy. Cell Struct Funct 17: 209–212. , .
- 1999. Soft x-ray microscopy. Trends Cell Biol 9: 44–47. .
- 1999. Direct ultrastructural imaging of macrophages using a novel x-ray contact microscopy. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 220: 27–30. , , , , , .
- 1993. The role of iron and iron binding proteins in lymphocyte physiology and pathology. J Clin Immunol 13: 81–92. .
- 1994. Direct imaging in a water layer of human chromosome fibers composed of nucleosomes and their higher-order structures by laser-plasma X-ray contact microscopy. J Microsc 176: 63–74. , , , , , , , , .
- 1995. Soft x-ray microscopes and their biological applications. Q Rev Biophys 28: 33–130. , , .
- 1994. Optimization of a laser-plasma x-ray source for contact x-ray microscopy. J Appl Physics 75: 3798–3805. , .
- 1997. Transmission X-ray microscopy of intact hydrated PtK2 cells during the cell cycle. J Microsc 188: 125–135. , , , , , , .
- 2001. High resolution protein localization using soft X-ray microscopy. J Microsc 201: 395–403. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1976. X-ray microscopy with synchrotron radiation. Appl Optics 15: 1883–1884. , , .
- 1992. Comparative techniques for determining cellular iron distribution in brain tissues. Ann Neurol 32: S76–S81. , .
- 1997a. High resolution X-ray micrography of live Candida albicans using laser plasma pulsed point X-ray sources. Microbiology 143: 733–738. , , , , .
- 1997b. X-ray microscopy and imaging of Escherichia coli, LPS and DNA. J Microsc 188: 96–105. , , , , .
- 1993. Pulsed x-ray microscopy of biological specimens with laser plasma sources. Proc SPIE 1741: 133–141. , , , , , .
- 1985. Relationship between ultrastructure and specific functions of macrophages. Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis 8: 119–133. .
- 1995. X-ray microscopy. Acta Crystallogr A 51: 237–252. , .
- 1999. Ultrastructural characterization of isolated rat Kupffer cells by transmission X-ray microscopy. J Microsc 193: 250–256. , .
- 1998. Cryo X-ray microscopy with high spatial resolution in amplitude and phase contrast. Ultramicroscopy 75: 85–104. .
- 1991. Radiation damage in soft X-ray microscopy of live mammalian cells. J Microsc 161: 463–472. , .
- 1991. Three-dimensional readout of flash x-ray images of living sperm in water by atomic-force microscopy. Science 252: 691–693. , , , , , , , .
- 1978. Growth of Chlamydia psittaci in macrophages. Infect Immun 19: 1054–1060. , .
- 1988. Growth of Legionella pneumophila in thioglycolate-elicited peritoneal macrophages from A/J mice. Infect Immun 56: 370–375. , , , , .
- 1989. Brain iron: A lesson from animal models. Am J Clin Nutr 50: 618–625; discussion 625–629. , .
- 1989. Is Parkinson's disease a progressive siderosis of substantia nigra resulting in iron and melanin induced neurodegeneration? Acta Neurol Scand Suppl 126: 47–54. , , .