Fax: (314) 362-0334
Distribution of the elastic fiber and associated proteins in flexor tendon reflects function
Article first published online: 4 NOV 2002
Copyright © 2002 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 268, Issue 4, pages 430–440, December 2002
How to Cite
Ritty, T. M., Ditsios, K. and Starcher, B. C. (2002), Distribution of the elastic fiber and associated proteins in flexor tendon reflects function. Anat. Rec., 268: 430–440. doi: 10.1002/ar.10175
- Issue published online: 4 NOV 2002
- Article first published online: 4 NOV 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 AUG 2002
- Manuscript Received: 4 JUN 2002
- 1982 Marfan syndrome. Demonstration of abnormal elastin in aorta. J Clin Invest 70: 1245–1252. , , , .
- 1998. Fibrocartilage in tendons and ligaments—an adaptation to compressive load. J Anat 193: 481–494. , .
- 2000. Mouse models of genetic diseases resulting from mutations in elastic fiber proteins. Matrix Biol 19: 481–488. , .
- 1979. Miller's anatomy of the dog. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders. 1,181 p. , .
- 1986. The major antigen of elastin-associated microfibrils is a 31-kDa glycoprotein. J Biol Chem 261: 11429–11436. , , , .
- 1987. The immunohistochemical localisation of microfibril-associated glycoprotein (MAGP) in elastic and non-elastic tissues. Immunol Cell Biol 65: 345–356. , .
- 1998. Microfibril-associated glycoprotein-2 (MAGP-2) is specifically associated with fibrillin-containing microfibrils but exhibits more restricted patterns of tissue localization and developmental expression than its structural relative MAGP-1. J Histochem Cytochem 46: 871–886. , , , .
- 1949. The structure of elastic tissue as studied with the electron microscope. J Exp Med 89: 699–708. .
- 1996. Microfibril-associated glycoprotein-1 (MAGP-1) is specifically located on the beads of the beaded-filament structure for fibrillin-containing microfibrils as visualized by the rotary shadowing technique. J Histochem Cytochem 44: 1389–1397. , , , .
- 1995. Fibrillin-containing microfibrils: structure and function in health and disease. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 27: 747–760. , .
- 1991. Linkage of Marfan syndrome and a phenotypically related disorder to two different fibrillin genes. Nature 352: 330–334. , , , , , , , , .
- 1995. Fibrillin-1 and fibrillin-2 show temporal and tissue-specific regulation of expression in developing elastic tissues. Connect Tissue Res 31: 87–97. , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Tendon cells in vivo form a three dimensional network of cell processes linked by gap junctions. J Anat 189: 593–600. , , , .
- 2000. Genetic disorders of the elastic fiber system. Matrix Biol 19: 471–480. , , .
- 1938. Funktioneller Bau und funktionelle Anpassung der Gleitsehnen. Z Orthop 67: 212–234. .
- 1985. Congenital contractural arachnodactyly. Clin Genet 27: 570–581. , , .
- 1999. Processing of the fibrillin-1 carboxyl-terminal domain. J Biol Chem 274: 8933–8940. , , , , .
- 1999. Characterization of an in vitro model of elastic fiber assembly. Mol Biol Cell 10: 3595–3605. , , , , .
- 1993. Extracellular matrix 4: the elastic fiber. FASEB J 7: 1208–1218. , , .
- 1969. The elastic fiber. I. The separation and partial characterization of its macromolecular components. J Cell Biol 40: 366–381. , .
- 1986. Fibrillin, a new 350-kD glycoprotein, is a component of extracellular microfibrils. J Cell Biol 103: 2499–2509. , , .
- 2002. Identification of a matrix-binding domain in magp1 and magp2 and intracellular localization of alternative splice forms. J Biol Chem 277: 11050–11057. , , , , .
- 1995. A role for neutrophil elastase in the progression of solar elastosis. Connect Tissue Res 21: 133–140. , .
- 2000. Lung elastin and matrix. Chest 117(Suppl 1): 229S–234S. .
- 2001. A ninhydrin-based assay to quantitate the total protein content of tissue samples. Anal Biochem 292: 125–129. .
- 1999. N-terminal domains of fibrillin 1 and fibrillin 2 direct the formation of homodimers: a possible first step in microfibril assembly. Biochem J 340: 693–701. , , , , .
- 1989. Structural specialization in tendons under compression. Int Rev Cytol 115: 267–293. , .
- 1994. Immunization with undenatured bovine zonular fibrils results in monoclonal antibodies to fibrillin. Matrix Biol 14: 41–49. , , , , , .
- 1994. Structure and expression of fibrillin-2, a novel microfibrillar component preferentially located in elastic matrices. J Cell Biol 124: 855–863. , , , , , , , .
- 1995. Developmental expression of fibrillin genes suggests heterogeneity of extracellular microfibrils. J Cell Biol 129: 1165–1176. , , .