This work was aided by grants from the Dr. Wallace C. and Clara A. Abbott Memorial Fund of the University of Chicago, and from the Josiah Macy, Jr., Foundation. We are indebted to Dr. Irwin Schwenk, of the Schering Corporation for supplying us, through the kindness of Dr. F. C. Koch, with the α-estradiol and the testosterone propionate used in these experiments.
Calcification and ossification. The formation of medullary bone in male and castrate pigeons under the influence of sex hormones†
Article first published online: 3 FEB 2005
Copyright © 1942 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 83, Issue 1, pages 99–120, 25 May 1942
How to Cite
Bloom, M. A., McLean, F. C. and Bloom, W. (1942), Calcification and ossification. The formation of medullary bone in male and castrate pigeons under the influence of sex hormones. Anat. Rec., 83: 99–120. doi: 10.1002/ar.1090830108
- Issue published online: 3 FEB 2005
- Article first published online: 3 FEB 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!