This work was aided by grants from the Dr. Wallace C. and Clara A. Abbott Memorial Fund of the University of Chicago, and from the Josiah Macy, Jr., Foundation. We are indebted to Dr. Irwin Schwenk, of the Schering Corporation for supplying us, through the kindness of Dr. F. C. Koch, with the α-estradiol and the testosterone propionate used in these experiments.
Calcification and ossification. The formation of medullary bone in male and castrate pigeons under the influence of sex hormones†
Article first published online: 3 FEB 2005
Copyright © 1942 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 83, Issue 1, pages 99–120, 25 May 1942
How to Cite
Bloom, M. A., McLean, F. C. and Bloom, W. (1942), Calcification and ossification. The formation of medullary bone in male and castrate pigeons under the influence of sex hormones. Anat. Rec., 83: 99–120. doi: 10.1002/ar.1090830108
- Issue published online: 3 FEB 2005
- Article first published online: 3 FEB 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!