This work was aided by grants from the Dr. Wallace C. and Clara A. Abbott Memorial Fund of the University of Chicago, and from the Josiah Macy, Jr., Foundation. We are indebted to Dr. Irwin Schwenk, of the Schering Corporation for supplying us, through the kindness of Dr. F. C. Koch, with the α-estradiol and the testosterone propionate used in these experiments.
Calcification and ossification. The formation of medullary bone in male and castrate pigeons under the influence of sex hormones†
Version of Record online: 3 FEB 2005
Copyright © 1942 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 83, Issue 1, pages 99–120, 25 May 1942
How to Cite
Bloom, M. A., McLean, F. C. and Bloom, W. (1942), Calcification and ossification. The formation of medullary bone in male and castrate pigeons under the influence of sex hormones. Anat. Rec., 83: 99–120. doi: 10.1002/ar.1090830108
- Issue online: 3 FEB 2005
- Version of Record online: 3 FEB 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!