This work was supported in part by a grant from the Defense Research Board of Canada.
Article first published online: 3 FEB 2005
Copyright © 1954 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 119, Issue 1, pages 11–33, May 1954
How to Cite
Rappaport, A. M., Borowy, Z. J., Lougheed, W. M. and Lotto, W. N. (1954), Subdivision of hexagonal liver lobules into a structural and functional unit. Role in hepatic physiology and pathology. Anat. Rec., 119: 11–33. doi: 10.1002/ar.1091190103
A synopsis of this work was presented at the Eleventh Conference on Liver Injury sponsored by the Josiah Macy, Jr. Foundation, New York City, May 30, 1952. The hepatic structural unit was then called the “liver acinus.”
- Issue published online: 3 FEB 2005
- Article first published online: 3 FEB 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!