The Limbic System
Unbiased stereological estimation of the total number of neurons in the subdivisions of the rat hippocampus using the optical fractionator
Article first published online: 16 MAY 2005
Copyright © 1991 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Special Issue: Quantitative Approaches to Neuroscience Research
Volume 231, Issue 4, pages 482–497, December 1991
How to Cite
West, M. J., Slomianka, L. and Gundersen, H. J. G. (1991), Unbiased stereological estimation of the total number of neurons in the subdivisions of the rat hippocampus using the optical fractionator. Anat. Rec., 231: 482–497. doi: 10.1002/ar.1092310411
- Issue published online: 16 MAY 2005
- Article first published online: 16 MAY 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 MAR 1991
- Manuscript Received: 2 JAN 1991
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!