Localization of luteinizing-hormone releasing hormone binding sites in the gastric mucosa of suckling rats
Article first published online: 9 JUL 2001
Copyright © 2001 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 264, Issue 1, pages 43–50, 1 September 2001
How to Cite
Gama, P. and Alvares, E. P. (2001), Localization of luteinizing-hormone releasing hormone binding sites in the gastric mucosa of suckling rats. Anat. Rec., 264: 43–50. doi: 10.1002/ar.1123
- Issue published online: 9 JUL 2001
- Article first published online: 9 JUL 2001
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 APR 2001
- Manuscript Received: 7 MAR 2001
- Fundacão de Amparo a Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo- FAPESP. Grant Number: 98/14227-5
- 1977. Gonadotropin-releasing hormone in milk. Science 198: 300–302. , , , .
- 1989. Localization of transforming growth factor α and its receptor in gastric mucosal cells. J Clin Invest 84: 1017–1023. , , , , .
- 1976. A method for preparing isolated glands from the rabbit gastric mucosa. Acta Physiol Scand 96: 150–159. , .
- 1992. Differential effects of LHRH and somatostatin analogs on human breast cancer. J Surg Res 52: 6–14. , , , .
- 1996. The expression of gonadotropin-releasing hormone and its receptor in endometrial cancer, and its relevance as an autocrine growth factor. Cancer Res 56: 2059–2065. , , , , , .
- 2000. The LIM and SH3 domain-containing protein, lasp-1, may link the cAMP signaling pathway with dynamic membrane restructuring activities in ion transporting epithelia. J Cell Sci 113: 2035–2045. , , , , .
- 1986. The molecular basis of gonadotropin-releasing hormone action. Endocr Rev 7: 3–10. .
- 1994. Lectins are sensitive tools for defining the differentiation programs of mouse gut epithelial cell lineages. Am J Physiol 266: G987–G1003. , , .
- 1996. LHRH and somatostatin effects on the cell proliferation of the gastric epithelium of suckling and weaning rats. Regul Pept 63: 73–78. , .
- 1999. LHRH antagonist inhibits gastric cell proliferation in suckling rats. Regul Pept 84: 97–100. , .
- 1995. Effects of somatostatin and LHRH on cell proliferation of fetal stomach in vitro. Cell Prolif 28: 194. , .
- 1980. Receptor-mediated internalization of fluorescent gonadotropin-releasing hormone by pituitary gonadotropes. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 77: 6692–6695. , , , .
- 1977. Topographical localization of the receptors for luteinizing -hormone releasing hormone on the surface of dissociated pituitary cells. J Cell Biol 75: 528–540. , .
- 1994. Developmental expression of transforming growth factor α and epidermal growth factor receptor proteins in the human pancreas and digestive tract. Cell Tissue Res 278: 439–450. , .
- 1995. Developmental expression of transforming growth factor α in the upper digestive tract and pancreas of the rat. Regul Pept 55: 67–77. , , , , .
- 2000. GnRH receptor and apoptotic signaling. Vitam Horm 59: 1–33. , .
- 1992. Is extrapituitary action of gonadotrophin-releasing hormone biologically significant? Ann Clin Biochem 29: 477–480. , , .
- 1998a. Evidence for tight coupling of gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor to stimulated Fas ligand expression in reproductive tract tumors: possible mechanism for hormonal control of apoptotic cell death. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 83: 427–431. , , , , .
- 1998b. Fas and Fas ligand system may mediate antiproliferative activity of gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor in endometrial cancer cells. Int J Oncol 13: 97–100. , , , , .
- 1990. Postnatal development of gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptors in the rat anterior pituitary. Endocrinology 126: 942–947. .
- 1998. Inhibition of growth of caki-I human renal adenocarcinoma in vivo by luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone antagonist Cetrorelix, somatostatin analog RC-160, and bombesin antagonist RC-3940 II. Cancer 82: 909–917. , , , , , , .
- 1992. Isolation and characterization of cDNAs encoding the rat pituitary gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 189: 1645–1652. , , , .
- 1995. Establishment of immunological probes to study human gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptors. Mol Cell Endocrinol 114: 51–56. , , , .
- 1978. Histochemical differentiation of complex carbohydrates with variants of concanavalin A-horseradish peroxidase method. J Histochem Cytochem 26: 233–250. , .
- 1999. Gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor mRNA expression in the ovaries of neonatal and adult rats. Cell Tissue Organs 164: 14–22. , , , .
- 1989. Search for role of milk-borne biologically active peptides for the suckling. J Nutr 119: 1543–1551. .
- 1997. Cryptic gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptors of rat pituitary cells in culture are unmasked by epidermal growth factor. Endocrinology 138: 574–579. , , .
- 1998. Stimulation of activin receptor II signaling pathways inhibits differentiation of multiple gastric epithelial lineages. Mol Endocrinol 12: 181–192. , , , , .
- 1989. LHRH agonist restoration of age associated decline of thymus weight, thymic LHRH receptors, and thymocyte proliferative capacity. Endocrinology 125: 1037–1045. , , , , , , , , .
- 1983. Subcellular localization of the receptor for gonadotropin-releasing hormone in pituitary and ovarian tissue. Endocrinology 112: 104–112. , .
- 1998. Suppression of cell proliferation and induction of apoptosis in uterine leiomyoma by gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist (leuprolide acetate). J Clin Endocrinol Metab 83: 1253–1255. , , , .
- 1987. Autoradiographic demonstration of gastrin binding sites in the rat gastric mucosa. Peptides 8: 391–398. , , , , , , , .
- 1982. Binding and internalization of a luteinizing hormone releasing hormone agonist by rat gonadotrophic cells. Endocrinology 111: 1068–1076. , , , , .
- 1999. Molecular mimicry by antiidiotypic monoclonal antibody to gonadotropin releasing hormone. Immunol Invest 28: 103–114. , .
- 1984. Maternal modulation of infantile ovarian development and available LHRH receptors via rat milk LHRH. Endocrinology 115: 1973–1983. , .
- 1989. Programmed cell death (apoptosis) in pancreatic cancers of hamsters after treatment with analogs of both luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone and somatostatin. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 86: 1643–1647. , , .
- 1990. Regression of nitrosamine-induced pancreatic cancers in hamsters treated with luteinizing hormone-releasing-hormone antagonists or agonists. Cancer Res 50: 3716–3721. , , , , .
- 1991. Localization of receptors for luteinizing-releasing-hormone in pancreatic and mammary cancer cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 88: 4153–4156. , , , , , , , , .
- 1994. The concentration of LH-RH receptors in the nuclei of pancreatic cancer cells. Receptor 4: 201–207. , , , , , , , .