Changes in E- and N-cadherin expression in developing rat adenohypophysis
Article first published online: 20 MAR 2007
Copyright © 2007 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 290, Issue 5, pages 486–490, May 2007
How to Cite
Kikuchi, M., Yatabe, M., Kouki, T., Fujiwara, K., Takigami, S., Sakamoto, A. and Yashiro, T. (2007), Changes in E- and N-cadherin expression in developing rat adenohypophysis. Anat Rec, 290: 486–490. doi: 10.1002/ar.20516
- Issue published online: 13 APR 2007
- Article first published online: 20 MAR 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 FEB 2007
- Manuscript Received: 13 OCT 2006
- 2001. The two-handed E box binding zinc finger protein SIP1 downregulates E-cadherin and induces invasion. Mol Cell 7: 1267–1278. , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Autoregulation of E-cadherin expression by cadherin-cadherin interactions: the roles of beta-catenin signaling, Slug, and MAPK. J Cell Biol 163: 847–857. , , , , , .
- 2000. N-cadherin function is required for differentiation-dependent cytoskeletal reorganization in lens cells in vitro. Exp Cell Res 256: 237–247. , , , .
- 2006. Distinctive localization of N- and E- cadherins in rat anterior pituitary gland. Anat Rec 288A:1183–1189. , , , , , , .
- 2000. Differential expression of N- and B-cadherin during lens development. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 41: 3503–3510. , , .
- 1988. Expressed recombinant cadherins mediate cell sorting in model systems. Cell 54: 993–1001. , , .
- 2000. Signaling from E-cadherins to the MAPK pathway by the recruitment and activation of epidermal growth factor receptors upon cell-cell contact formation. J Biol Chem 275: 41227–41233. , .
- 2004. Snail mediates E-cadherin repression by the recruitment of the Sin3A/histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1)/HDAC2 complex. Mol Cell Biol 24: 306–319. , , , .
- 2001. A new role for E12/E47 in the repression of E-cadherin expression and epithelial-mesenchymal transitions. J Biol Chem 276: 27424–27431. , , , , , , .
- 2003. The cell adhesion molecules N-cadherin and neural cell adhesion molecule regulate human growth hormone: a novel mechanism for regulating pituitary hormone secretion. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88: 3724–3730. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Pituitary development: regulatory codes in mammalian organogenesis. Science 295: 2231–2235. , .
- 1990. Cadherins: a molecular family important in selective cell-cell adhesion. Annu Rev Biochem 59: 237–252. .
- 2003. Cadherins as modulators of cellular phenotype. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 19: 207–235. , .
- 2002. Systematic analysis of E-, N- and P-cadherin expression in mouse eye development. Exp Eye Res 74: 753–760. , , .
- 1977. Relationship between the follicular cells and marginal layer cells of the anterior pituitary. Endocrinol Jpn 24: 301–305. , , .