Receptors and Effectors
The Peritoneal Mesothelium Covering the Genital Tract and its Ligaments in the Female Pig Shows Signs of Active Function
Article first published online: 30 MAY 2007
Copyright © 2007 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 290, Issue 7, pages 831–837, July 2007
How to Cite
Yániz, J. L., Recreo, P., Carretero, T., Arceiz, E., Hunter, R.H.F. and López-Gatius, F. (2007), The Peritoneal Mesothelium Covering the Genital Tract and its Ligaments in the Female Pig Shows Signs of Active Function. Anat Rec, 290: 831–837. doi: 10.1002/ar.20554
- Issue published online: 11 JUN 2007
- Article first published online: 30 MAY 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 MAR 2007
- Manuscript Received: 27 JUN 2006
- 1992. Examination by scanning electron microscopy of oviductal epithelium of the prolific Chinese Meishan pig at follicular and luteal phases. Anat Rec 233: 399–408. , .
- 1951. Techniques for the preservation of three-dimensional structure in preparing specimens for the electron microscope. Trans N Y Acad Sci 13: 130–134. .
- 2004. Mesothelial primary cilia of peritoneal and other serosal surfaces. Cell Biol Int 28: 151–159. .
- 1997. Expression of hydrophilic surfactant proteins by mesentery cells in rat and man. Biochem J 15: 251–256. , , , , , , .
- 2000. Surgical adhesions: evidence for adsorption of surfactant to peritoneal mesothelium. Aust N Z J Surg 70: 443–447. , .
- 1996. Surfactant protein A and lamellar bodies: a homologous secretory function of peritoneum, synovium, and lung. Perit Dial Int 16: 574–581. .
- 1989. Mesothelium secretes lamellar bodies in a similar manner to type II pneumocyte secretion of surfactant. Perit Dial Int 1989: 215–219. , .
- 1999. Morphological features of lymphatic and mesothelial communications in the broad ligament of the pig. Lymphology 32: 132–150. , , , .
- 1998. Changes in cell surface primary cilia and microvilli concurrent with measurements of fluid flow across the rabbit corneal endothelium ex vivo. Tissue Cell 30: 634–643. .
- 1975. The lamellar substructure of osmiophilic inclusion bodies present in rat type II alveolar pneumonocytes. Tissue Cell 7: 137–142. , , .
- 1992. Graphite-like lubrication of mesothelium by oligolamellar pleural surfactant. J Appl Physiol 73: 1034–1039. .
- 1997. Molecular structures and interactions of pulmonary surfactant components. Eur J Biochem 15: 675–693. , .
- 1979. Regulation of surface topography of mouse peritoneal cells. J Cell Biol 82: 783–797. , , , .
- 1981. The structure of bursae ovaricae surrounding the ovaries of the golden hamster. Anat Rec 201: 485–498. , , .
- 2004. Mesothelial lamellar bodies in norm and experimental conditions. Transmission and scanning electron microscopic observations on the peritoneum, pleura and pericardium. Anat Embryol (Berl) 208: 301–309. .
- 2006. Serosal membranes (pleura, pericardium, peritoneum). Normal structure, development and experimental pathology. Adv Anat Embryol Cell Biol 183: 1–144. , .
- 2004. The mesothelial cells. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 36: 9–16. .
- 1972. Freeze-fractured lamellar body membranes of the rat lung great alveolar cell. Tissue Cell 4: 457–468. , , .
- 1976. The high resolution ultrastructure of the periodicity and architecture of lipid-retained and extracted lung multilamellar body laminations. Tissue Cell 8: 713–728. .
- 2000. A scanning electron microscopy study of the peritoneal mesothelium covering the genital area in the cow. Anat Histol Embryol 29: 149–155. , , , , .
- 2006. Scanning electron microscopic study of the functional anatomy of the porcine oviductal mucosa. Anat Histol Embryol 35: 28–34. , , .