Late Deposition of Elastin to Vertical Microfibrillar Fibers in the Presumptive Dermis of the Chick Embryonic Tarsometatarsus
Version of Record online: 27 AUG 2007
Copyright © 2007 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 290, Issue 10, pages 1300–1308, October 2007
How to Cite
Yamazaki, Y., Sejima, H., Yuguchi, M., Namba, Y. and Isokawa, K. (2007), Late Deposition of Elastin to Vertical Microfibrillar Fibers in the Presumptive Dermis of the Chick Embryonic Tarsometatarsus. Anat Rec, 290: 1300–1308. doi: 10.1002/ar.20586
- Issue online: 10 SEP 2007
- Version of Record online: 27 AUG 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 JUN 2007
- Manuscript Received: 8 DEC 2006
- Sato Fund
- Nihon University School of Dentistry
- Promotion and Mutual Aid Corporation for Private Schools
- MEXT in Japan
- 1996. Differential display and cloning of shear stress-responsive messenger RNAs in human endothelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 225: 347–351. , , , , , , , , .
- 1976. Oxytalan, elaunin, and elastic fibers in the human skin. J Invest Dermatol 66: 143–148. , , .
- 1977. The elastic system fibers. Adv Exp Med Biol 79: 19–30. , , .
- 2001. Lysyl oxidases: a novel multifunctional amine oxidase family. Prog Nucleic Acid Res Mol Biol 70: 1–32. .
- 1990. Fibrillin immunoreactive fibers constitute a unique network in the human dermis: immunohistochemical comparison of the distributions of fibrillin, vitronectin, amyloid P component, and orcein stainable structures in normal skin and elastosis. J Invest Dermatol 94: 284–291. , , , , , .
- 1989. Are the polarization colors of picrosirius red-stained collagen determined only by the diameter of the fibers? Histochemistry 93: 27–29. , , , , .
- 1980. Elastic system fibers (oxytalan, elaunin and elastic fibers) in the skin of a freshwater teleost: optical and electron microscopy study. Arch Anat Microsc Morphol Exp 69: 259–266. .
- 1958. The oxytalan fiber: a previously undescribed connective tissue fiber. J Histochem Cytochem 6: 425–430. , .
- 1965. Morphological and morphochemical properties of the elastic system in the motor organ of man. Folia Histochem Cytochem 3: 233–251. .
- 1982. Fluorescence microscopy: reduced photobleaching of rhodamine and fluorescein protein conjugates by n-propyl gallate. Science 217: 1252–1255. , .
- 1966. The fine structure of elastic fibers. J Cell Biol 30: 59–71. , , .
- 1951. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. J Morphol 88: 49–92. , .
- 2004. Comparative immunocytochemical localization of lysyl oxidase (LOX) and the lysyl oxidase-like (LOXL) proteins: changes in the expression of LOXL during development and growth of mouse tissues. J Mol Histol 35: 845–855. , , , , , .
- 1993. Tropoelastin gene expression in the developing vascular system of the chicken: an in situ hybridization study. Anat Embryol (Berl) 188: 481–492. , , .
- 1988. Spatial and temporal changes in the pattern of glycosylation of the developing chick limb tissue components as revealed by fluorescent conjugated lectin probes. Cell Differ 24: 149–158. , , .
- 1989. The extracellular matrix architecture relating to myotendinous pattern formation in the distal part of the developing chick limb: an ultrastructural, histochemical and immunocytochemical analysis. Cell Differ Dev 27: 103–120. , , , , .
- 1994. Elastin exhibits a distinctive temporal and spatial pattern of distribution in the developing chick limb in association with the establishment of the cartilaginous skeleton. J Cell Sci 107: 2623–2634. , , , , , .
- 1994. Identification of transferrin as one of multiple EDTA-extractable extracellular proteins involved in early chick heart morphogenesis. J Cell Biochem 54: 207–218. , , , , .
- 2004. Subectodermal microfibrillar bundles are organized into a distinct parallel array in the developing chick limb bud. Anat Rec 279: 708–719. , , , , , .
- 1979. Picrosirius staining plus polarization microscopy, a specific method for collagen detection in tissue sections. Histochem J 11: 447–455. , , .
- 1967. Anchor filament bundles in embryonic feather germs and skin. J Cell Biol 32: 236–240. , , .
- 2002. Elastic fibres. J Cell Sci 115: 2817–2828. , , .
- 1968. Electron microscopy of the elastic fibers and the dermal membrane in normal human skin. Acta Derm Venereol 48: 303–312. .
- 1977. Anchoring of basal lamina to elastic fibers by elastic fibrils. J Invest Dermatol 68: 389–390. .
- 1968. Ultrastructural studies on the lymphatic anchoring filaments. J Cell Biol 36: 129–149. , .
- 2004. Elastic fiber homeostasis requires lysyl oxidase-like 1 protein. Nat Genet 36: 178–182. , , , , , , , , .
- 1972. Avian anatomy. Integument. Part I and II. Agriculture handbook 362. Washington, DC: US Government Printing Office. , .
- 1983. Regulation of the expression of genes encoding types I, II, and III collagen during chick embryonic development. J Biol Chem 258: 10041–10048. , , , .
- 1996. Structural biology of the fibres of the collagenous and elastic systems. Cell Biol Int 20: 15–27. .
- 2004. Lysyl oxidase-lie and lysyl oxidase are present in the dermis and epidermis of a skin equivalent and in human skin and are associated to elastic fibers. J Invest Dermatol 122: 621–630. , , , , , , , , .
- 1991. Collagen fibril assembly and deposition in the developing dermis: segmental deposition in extracellular compartments. J Struct Biol 106: 73–81. , , .
- 1999. The fibrillins. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 31: 255–259. , .
- 1971. The fine structure of the ciliary zonule and ciliary epithelium. With special regard to the organization and insertion of the zonular fibrils. Invest Ophthalmol 10: 851–869. .
- 1988. Origin and propagation of elastogenesis in the developing cardiovascular system. Anat Rec 221: 860–871. , , , .
- 1973. The elastic fiber. J Histochem Cytochem 21: 199–208. .
- 1996. Regulation of lysyl oxidase and cyclooxygenase expression in human lung fibroblasts: interactions among TGF-β, IL-1β, and prostaglandin E. J Cell Biochem 62: 411–417. , , , , , .
- 1968. A modified method for lead staining of thin sections. J Electron Microsc 17: 158–159. .
- 2001. Structural and mechanical aspects of the skin of Bufo marinus (Anura, Amphibia). Tissue Cell 33: 541–547. , , .
- 2001. Possible participation of isolated epicardial cell clusters in the formation of chick embryonic epicardium. J Oral Sci 43: 109–116. , , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Lysyl oxidase: properties, regulation and multiple functions in biology. Matrix Biol 16: 387–398. , .
- 2005. Multiple roles for elastic fibers in the skin. J Histochem Cytochem 53: 431–443. , , .
- 1993. Early development of quail heart epicardium and associated vascular and glandular structures. Anat Embryol (Berl) 188: 381–393. , , , .
- 1990. Immunohistochemical localization of lysyl oxidase with monoclonal antibodies. Lab Invest 63: 377–384. , .
- 1965. Morphology and proliferation during early feather development. Dev Biol 12: 131–153. ,