Expression of SV2 in the Seveloping Chick Cerebellum: Comparison with Calbindin and AMPA Glutamate Receptors 2/3
Version of Record online: 2 APR 2008
Copyright © 2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 291, Issue 5, pages 538–546, May 2008
How to Cite
Grabs, D., Escher, L. and Bergmann, M. (2008), Expression of SV2 in the Seveloping Chick Cerebellum: Comparison with Calbindin and AMPA Glutamate Receptors 2/3. Anat Rec, 291: 538–546. doi: 10.1002/ar.20691
- Issue online: 8 APR 2008
- Version of Record online: 2 APR 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 FEB 2008
- Manuscript Received: 6 SEP 2007
- SwissEndos Multidisciplinary Research and Training Centre in Endoscopic Surgery, Fribourg (Switzerland)
- 1994. Differential expression of synaptic vesicle protein 2 (SV2) isoforms. J Neurosci 14: 5223–5235. , , , , .
- 1996. Expression and subcellular distribution of glutamate receptor subunits 2/3 in the developing cerebellar cortex. J Neurosci Res 43: 78–86. , , , , .
- 1999. Developmental expression of dynamin in the chick retinotectal system. J Histochem Cytochem 47: 1297–1306. , , .
- 2000. Expression of presynaptic proteins is closely correlated with the chronotopic pattern of axons in the retinotectal system of the chick. J Comp Neurol 418: 361–372. , , .
- 2002. Differential expression of neuronal calcium sensor-1 in the developing chick retina. J Comp Neurol 449: 231–240. , , , , .
- 1986. Process of differentiation of cerebellar Purkinje neurons in the chick embryo. Anat Embryol (Berl) 175: 25–34. , , , , .
- 1985. Identification of a transmembrane glycoprotein specific for secretory vesicles of neural and endocrine cells. J Cell Biol 100: 1284–1294. , .
- 1990. Calbindin D-28k and parvalbumin in the rat nervous system. Neuroscience 35: 375–475. .
- 2006. Deficiency in parvalbumin, but not in calbindin D-28k upregulates mitochondrial volume and decreases smooth endoplasmic reticulum surface selectively in a peripheral, subplasmalemmal region in the soma of Purkinje cells. Neuroscience 142: 97–105. , , , , , .
- 2005. How do developing synapses acquire AMPA receptors? J Physiol 564: 669. .
- 2006. Synaptic vesicle protein 2 enhances release probability at quiescent synapses. J Neurosci 26: 1303–1313. , , , .
- 1974. The development of synapses in the cerebellar cortex of the chick embryo. J Neurocytol 3: 277–294. , .
- 2006. Binding characteristics of levetiracetam to synaptic vesicle protein 2A (SV2A) in human brain and in CHO cells expressing the human recombinant protein. Eur J Pharmacol 536: 102–108. , , .
- 2005. Differential appearance of dynamin in constitutive and regulated exo-endocytosis: a single-cell multiplex RT-PCR study. Cell Tissue Res 322: 237–244. , .
- 2000. Developmental expression of amphiphysin in the retinotectal system of the chick: from mRNA to protein. Eur J Neurosci 12: 1545–1553. , , .
- 1998. Prenatal hippocampal granule cells in primary cell culture form mossy fiber boutons at pyramidal cell dendrites. J Neurosci Res 51: 602–611. , , , , , , , .
- 1951. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. J Morphol 88: 49–92. , .
- 2003. Differential distribution of vesicular glutamate transporters in the rat cerebellar cortex. Neuroscience 117: 1–6. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Distal extension of climbing fiber territory and multiple innervation caused by aberrant wiring to adjacent spiny branchlets in cerebellar Purkinje cells lacking glutamate receptor delta 2. J Neurosci 22: 8487–8503. , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. SV2C is a synaptic vesicle protein with an unusually restricted localization: anatomy of a synaptic vesicle protein family. Neuroscience 94: 1279–1290. , .
- 1999. SV2A and SV2B function as redundant Ca2+ regulators in neurotransmitter release. Neuron 24: 1003–1016. , , , , .
- 1995. Synaptic vesicle dynamics in living cultured hippocampal neurons visualized with CY3-conjugated antibodies directed against the luminal domain of synaptotagmin. J Neurosci 15: 4328–4342. , , , , , .
- 2005. Early expression of AMPA receptors and lack of NMDA receptors in developing rat climbing fibre synapses. J Physiol 564: 751–763. , , , , , , .
- 1996. Naturally occurring neuronal death during the development of the inferior olive in the chick. Neurosci Res 26: 171–179. , .
- 2004. The synaptic vesicle protein SV2A is the binding site for the antiepileptic drug levetiracetam. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101: 9861–9866. , , , , , , .
- 1993. Accumulation of mRNAs encoding synaptic vesicle-specific proteins precedes neurite extension during early neuronal development. Dev Dyn 197: 115–124. , .
- 1992. Exo-endocytotic recycling of synaptic vesicles in developing processes of cultured hippocampal neurons. J Cell Biol 117: 849–861. , , , , .
- 2008. Disrupted cerebellar development in preterm infants is associated with impaired neurodevelopmental outcome. Eur J Pediatr [epub ahead of print]. , , , , , , , , .
- 1967. Ultrastructural studies on the cerebellar histogenesis. I. Differentiation of granule cells and development of glomeruli in the chick embryo. Z Zellforsch Mikrosk Anat 77: 115–143. , .
- 1981. Synaptogenetic mechanisms during chick cerebellar cortex development. J Submicrosc Cytol 13: 145–167. , , .
- 1992. Light and electron immunocytochemical localization of AMPA-selective glutamate receptors in the rat brain. J Comp Neurol 318: 329–354. , .
- 1998. Variations in the tangential distribution of postsynaptic glutamate receptors in Purkinje cell parallel and climbing fiber synapses during development. Neuropharmacology 37: 1321–1334. , , , .
- 2006. Ontogeny of subunits 2 and 3 of the AMPA-type glutamate receptors in Purkinje cells of the developing chick cerebellum. Brain Res 1096: 11–19. , , , .
- 1997. Developmental regulation of basket/stellate cellPurkinje cell synapses in the cerebellum. J Neurosci 17: 9104–9112. , .
- 2006. Characterization of AMPA receptors targeted by the climbing fiber transmitter mediating presynaptic inhibition of GABAergic transmission at cerebellar interneuron-Purkinje cell synapses. J Neurosci 26: 2278–2289. , , , , , , , , .
- 1976. Electrophysiological study on the postnatal development of neuronal mechanisms in the rat cerebellar cortex. Brain Res 108: 279–294. , , .
- 2005. Microzonal projection and climbing fiber remodeling in single olivocerebellar axons of newborn rats at postnatal days 4–7. J Comp Neurol 487: 93–106. .
- 2006. Organization and remodeling of the olivocerebellar climbing fiber projection. Cerebellum 5: 15–22. .
- 2006. Postnatal development of the murine cerebellar cortex: formation and early dispersal of basket, stellate and Golgi neurons. Eur J Neurosci 24: 466–478. , , , , , .
- 2004. An essential role for vesicular glutamate transporter1 (VGLUT1) in postnatal development and control of quantal size. PNAS 101: 7156–7163. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. SV2 modulates the size of the readily releasable pool of secretory vesicles. Nat Cell Biol 3: 691–698. , .
- 1996. Generation of cerebellar interneurons from dividing progenitors in white matter. Neuron 16: 47–54. , .