Qing-Tao Wang and Yong-Zhe Li contributed equally to this work.
Construction of A Multiple Myeloma Diagnostic Model by Magnetic Bead-Based MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry of Serum and Pattern Recognition Software
Article first published online: 19 MAR 2009
Copyright © 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 292, Issue 4, pages 604–610, April 2009
How to Cite
Wang, Q.-T., Li, Y.-Z., Liang, Y.-F., Hu, C.-J., Zhai, Y.-H., Zhao, G.-F., Zhang, J., Li, N., Ni, A.-P., Chen, W.-M. and Xu, Y. (2009), Construction of A Multiple Myeloma Diagnostic Model by Magnetic Bead-Based MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry of Serum and Pattern Recognition Software. Anat Rec, 292: 604–610. doi: 10.1002/ar.20871
- Issue published online: 19 MAR 2009
- Article first published online: 19 MAR 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Received: 14 APR 2008
- 2002. Serum protein fingerprinting coupled with a pattern-matching algorithm distinguishes prostate cancer from benign prostate hyperplasia and healthy men. Cancer Res 62: 3609–3614. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Multiple myeloma. N Engl J Med 336: 1657–1664. , .
- 2005. Standardized approach to proteome profiling of human serum based on magnetic bead separation and matrix-assisted laser desorption/Ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry. Clin Chem 51: 973–980. , , , , , .
- 2005. Oral cancer plasma tumor marker identified with bead-based affinity-fractionated proteomic technology. Clin Chem 51: 2236–2244. , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Identification of serum amyloid A protein as a potentially useful biomarker to monitor relapse of nasopharyngeal cancer by serum proteomic profiling. Clin Cancer Res 10: 43–52. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Identification of diagnostic markers for tuberculosis by proteomic fingerprinting of serum. Lancet 368: 1012–1021. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Proteomic patterns in serum and identification of ovarian cancer. Lancet 360: 170. .
- 2003. A potential cerebrospinal fluid and plasmatic marker for the diagnosis of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. Proteomics 3: 1495–1499. , , , , .
- 2003. Identification and validation of a potential lung cancer serum biomarker detected by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization-time of flight spectra analysis. Proteomics 3: 1720–1724. , , , , , .
- Multiple myeloma: present and future. 2002. Curr Opin Oncol 14: 31–35. , , .
- 2004. Serum diagnosis of pancreatic adenocarcinoma using surface-enhanced laser desorption and ionization mass spectrometry. Clin Cancer Res 10: 860–868. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Multiple myeloma. N Engl J Med 351: 1860–1873. , .
- 2002. Screening for ovarian cancer. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 16: 469–482. , .
- 1998. Immunophenotypic characterization of plasma cells from monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS) patients. Implications for the differential diagnosis between MGUS and multiple myeloma. Am J Pathol 152: 1655–1664. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Use of proteomic patterns in serum to identify ovarian cancer. Lancet 359: 572–577. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. The use of proteomics in the discovery of serum biomarkers from patients with severe acute respiratory syndrome. Proteomics 4: 3477–3484. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Conventional diagnostics in multiple myeloma. Eur J Cancer 42: 1510–1519. , , , .
- 2005. Mapping protein interfaces by a trifunctional cross-linker combined with MALDI-TOF and ESI-FTICR mass spectrometry. J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 16: 1921–1931. , , .
- 2004. Multiple myeloma, seminar. Lancet 363: 875–887. , .
- The International Myeloma Working Group. 2003. Criteria for the classification of monoclonal gammopathies, multiple myeloma and related disorders: a report of the International Myeloma Working Group. Br J Haematol 121: 749–757.
- 2004. Serum protein profiling by SELDI mass spectrometry: detection of multiple variants of serum amyloid alpha in renal cancer patients. Lab Invest 84: 845–856. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Evaluation of a novel, integrated approach using functionalized magnetic beads, bench-top MALDI-TOF-MS with prestructured sample supports, and pattern recognition software for profiling potential biomarkers in human plasma. J Biomol Tech 15: 167–175. , , , .
- 2003. Identification of tumor-related proteins by proteomic analysis of cerebrospinal fluid from patients with primary brain tumors. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 62: 855–862. , , , , , , .
- 2004. New serum biomarkers for detection of HBV-induced liver cirrhosis using SELDI protein chip technology. World J Gastroenterol 10: 2327–2329. , , , , , .