Yan-Ning Xu and Na Guan contributed equally to this work.
Stem Cell Biology
ES Cell Extract-Induced Expression of Pluripotent Factors in Somatic Cells
Article first published online: 30 JUL 2009
Copyright © 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 292, Issue 8, pages 1229–1234, August 2009
How to Cite
Xu, Y.-N., Guan, N., Wang, Z.-D., Shan, Z.-Y., Shen, J.-L., Zhang, Q.-H., Jin, L.-H. and Lei, L. (2009), ES Cell Extract-Induced Expression of Pluripotent Factors in Somatic Cells. Anat Rec, 292: 1229–1234. doi: 10.1002/ar.20919
- Issue published online: 30 JUL 2009
- Article first published online: 30 JUL 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 MAR 2009
- Manuscript Received: 20 DEC 2008
- Innovative Fund of Harbin Medical University Graduate Student. Grant Number: HCXS2008002
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Number: 30671025
- Project of Abroad Researcher Foundation of Heilongjiang Province. Grant Number: LC07C17
- 2003. Multipotent cell lineages in early mouse development depend on SOX2 function. Genes Dev 17: 126–140. , , , , , .
- 1996. Staphylococcal alpha-toxin, streptolysin-O and Escherichia coli hemolysin: prototypes of pore-forming bacterial cytolysins. Arch Microbiol 165: 73–79. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Unbiased mapping of transcription factor binding sites along human chromosomes 21 and 22 points to widespread regulation of noncoding RNAs. Cell 116: 499–509. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- www.collaslab.com. . Reprogramming somatic cells in extract of undifferentiated carcinoma cells. Available at:
- 2005. Nuclear reprogramming of somatic cells after fusion with human embryonic stem cells. Science 309: 1369–1373. , , , .
- 2003. Genomic targets of the human c-Myc protein. Genes Dev 17: 1115–1129. , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Differentiation of human adipose tissue stem cells using extracts of rat cardiomyocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 14: 420–427. , , , , .
- 2004. p53 induces differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells by suppressing Nanog expression. Nat Cell Biol 7: 165–171. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Mammalian myotube dedifferentiation induced by newt regeneration extract. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 98: 13699–13704. , , .
- 2007. Reprogramming events of mammalian somatic cells induced by Xenopus laevis egg extracts. Mol Reprod Dev 74: 1268–1277. , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Generation of induced pluripotent stem cells without Myc from mouse and human fibroblasts. Nat Biotechnol 26: 101–106. , , .
- 2000. Oct-4: control of totipotencyand germline determination. Mol Reprod Dev 55: 452–457. , .
- 2005. The KLF4 tumour suppressor is a transcriptional repressor of p53 that acts as a context-dependent oncogene. Nat Cell Biol 7: 1074–1082. , , .
- 2008. A combined chemical and genetic approach for the generation of induced pluripotent stem cells. Cell Stem Cell 2: 525–528. , , , , , .
- 2004. Cloned calves from chromatin remodeled in vitro. Biol Reprod 70: 146–153. , , , , .
- 2001. Nuclear reprogramming of somatic cells by in vitro hybridization with ES cells. Curr Biol 11: 1553–1558. , , , , .
- 2006. Induction of pluripotent stem cells from mouse embryonic and adult fibroblast cultures by defined factors. Cell 126: 663–676. , .
- 2007. Induction of pluripotent stem cells from adult human fibroblasts by defined factors. Cell 131: 861–872. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Induction of dedifferentiation, genomewide transcriptional programming, and epigenetic reprogramming by extracts of carcinoma and embryonic stem cells. Mol Biol Cell 16: 5719–5735. , , , , , .
- 2002. Resealing of large transmembrane pores produced by streptolysin O in nucleated cells is accompanied by NF-kappaB activation and downstream events. FASEB J 16: 237–239. , , , , , .
- 2007. Induced pluripotent stem cell lines derived from human somatic cells. Science 318: 1917–1920. , , , , , , , , , , , .