Xiaohua Zhou and Maqing Zheng contributed equally to this work.
Gefitinib Inhibits the Proliferation of Pancreatic Cancer Cells via Cell Cycle Arrest
Version of Record online: 30 JUL 2009
Copyright © 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 292, Issue 8, pages 1122–1127, August 2009
How to Cite
Zhou, X., Zheng, M., Chen, F., Zhu, Y., Yong, W., Lin, H., Sun, Y. and Han, X. (2009), Gefitinib Inhibits the Proliferation of Pancreatic Cancer Cells via Cell Cycle Arrest. Anat Rec, 292: 1122–1127. doi: 10.1002/ar.20938
- Issue online: 30 JUL 2009
- Version of Record online: 30 JUL 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 MAY 2009
- Manuscript Received: 8 MAR 2009
- Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province. Grant Number: BK2003003
- 2000. ZD1839, an epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor, upregulates p27Kip1 inducing G1 arrest and enhancing the antitumor effect of interferon α. Proc Annu Meet Am Assoc Cancer Res 41: 773. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Molecular mechanisms of resistance to therapies targeting the epidermal growth factor receptor. Clin Cancer Res 11: 397–405. , , , , , .
- 2004. Molecular mechanisms of ZD1839-induced G1-cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in human lung adenocarcinoma A549 cells. Biochem Pharmacol 68: 1453–1464. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Aurora B expression directly correlates with prostate cancer malignancy and influence prostate cell proliferation. Prostate 66: 326–333. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. A novel approach in the treatment of cancer: targeting the epidermal growth factor receptor. Clin Cancer Res 7: 2958–2970. , .
- 2003. Critical role of both p27Kip1 and p21Cip1/Waf1 in the antiproliferative effect of ZD1839 ('Iressa'), an epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor, in head and neck squamous carcinoma cells. J Cell Physiol 195: 139–150. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Induction of cyclooxygenase-2 gene in pancreatic beta-cells by 12-lipoxygenase pathway product 12-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid. Mol Endocrinol 16: 2145–2154. , , , , .
- 1999. Mitotic kinase expression and colorectal cancer progression. J Natl Cancer Inst 91: 1160–1162. , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Aurora-kinase inhibitors as anticancer agents. Nat Rev Cancer 4: 927–936. , .
- 2005. Front-line therapy of advanced pancreatic cancer. Semin Oncol 32: S33–S36. .
- 1998. Role of growth factors in pancreatic cancer. Surg Oncol Clin N Am 7: 25–41. .
- 2007. ZD1839 induces p15Ink4b and causes G1 arrest by inhibiting the mitogen-activated protein kinase/extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathway. Mol Cancer Ther 6: 1579–1587. , , , , , .
- 2005. Expression of Aurora kinases A and B in normal, hyperplastic, and malignant human endometrium: aurora B as a predictor for poor prognosis in endometrial carcinoma. Hum Pathol 36: 1281–1288. , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Gefitinib ('Iressa', ZD1839), a selective epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor, inhibits pancreatic cancer cell growth, invasion, and colony formation. Int J Oncol 25: 203–210. , , , , , .
- 2004. Targeted inhibition of the epidermal growth factor receptor-tyrosine kinase by ZD1839 ('Iressa') induces cell-cycle arrest and inhibits proliferation in prostate cancer cells. J Cell Physiol 201: 97–105. , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Gefitinib ('Iressa', ZD1839), an epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor, up-regulates p27Kip1 and induces G1 arrest in oral squamous cell carcinoma cell lines. Oral Oncol 40: 43–51. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Aurora B overexpression associates with the thyroid carcinoma undifferentiated phenotype and is required for thyroid carcinoma cell proliferation. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90: 928–935. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Gefitinib induces apoptosis in the EGFRL858R non-small-cell lung cancer cell line H3255. Cancer Res 64: 7241–7244. , , , , , .
- 1998. EGF receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors as anti-cancer agents–preclinical and early clinical profile of ZD1839. Cell Mol Biol Lett 3: 348–349. , , , .
- 1996. Involvement of p27Kip1 in G1 arrest mediated by an anti-epidermal growth factor receptor monoclonal antibody. Oncogene 12: 1397–1403. , , , , , , .
- 1999. Androgen and epidermal growth factor down-regulate cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27Kip1 and costimulate proliferation of MDA PCa2a and MDA PCa2b prostate cancer cells. Clin Cancer Res 5: 2171–2177. , , .
- 2007. Aurora B expression correlates with aggressive behaviour in glioblastoma multiforme. J Clin Pathol 60: 218–221. , , , .