H. Yu and B. Cao contributed equally to this work.
Stem Cell Biology
Combinated Transplantation of Neural Stem Cells and Collagen Type I Promote Functional Recovery After Cerebral Ischemia in Rats
Article first published online: 26 FEB 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 293, Issue 5, pages 911–917, May 2010
How to Cite
Yu, H., Cao, B., Feng, M., Zhou, Q., Sun, X., Wu, S., Jin, S., Liu, H. and Lianhong, J. (2010), Combinated Transplantation of Neural Stem Cells and Collagen Type I Promote Functional Recovery After Cerebral Ischemia in Rats. Anat Rec, 293: 911–917. doi: 10.1002/ar.20941
- Issue published online: 23 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 26 FEB 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 17 MAY 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 MAY 2009
- Manuscript Received: 20 JAN 2009
- Heilongjiang Provincial Substantial Technology Project. Grant Number: GA01C02
- Health of Heilongjiang Province Scientific and Technical Project. Grant Number: 2005-252
- 2006. Neural conversion of human embryonic stem cell colonies in the presence of fibroblast growth factor-2. Neuroreport 17: 1675–1681. , , , , .
- 2005. Biological performances of collagen-based scaffolds for vascular tissue engineering. Biomaterials 26: 7410–7417. , , , .
- 2008. Acute anoxia stimulates proliferation in adult neural stem cells from the rat brain. Exp Brain Res 188: 33–43. , , , , .
- 2008. Engineered cartilage generated by nasal chondrocytes is responsive to physical forces resembling joint loading. Arthritis Rheum 58: 197–208. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Therapeutic benefit of intravenous administration of bone marrow stromal cells after cerebral ischemia in rats. Stroke 32: 1005–1011. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Intravenous administration of human bone marrow stromal cells induces angiogenesis in the ischemic boundary zone after stroke in rats. Circ Res 92: 692–699. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Survival, migration and neuronal differentiation of human fetal striatal and cortical neural stem cells grafted in stroke-damaged rat striatum. Eur J Neurosci 26: 605–614. , , .
- 2007. Behavioral, temporal, and spatial targets for cellular transplants asadjuncts to rehabilitation for stroke. Stroke 38: 832–839. .
- 2007. Single neural progenitor cells derived from EGFP expressing mice is useful after spinal cord injury in mice. Artif Cells Blood Substit Immobil Biotechnol 35: 405–414. , , , .
- 2004. Controlling the cellular organization of tissue-engineered cardiac constructs. Ann NY Acad Sci 1015: 299–311. , , .
- 2008. Intracarotid injection of fluorescence activated cell-sorted CD49d-positive neural stem cells improves targeted cell delivery and behavior after stroke in a mouse stroke model. Stroke 39: 1300–1306. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Adrenomedullin enhances therapeutic potency of mesenchymal stem cells after experimental stroke in rats. Stroke 36: 853–858. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Neural stem cells, neural progenitors, and neurotrophic factors. Cell Transplant 16: 133–150. , , .
- 2004. Human neural stem/progenitor cells, expanded in long-term neurosphere culture, promote functional recovery after focal ischemia in Mongolian gerbils. J Neurosci Res 78: 215–223. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Transplanted human fetal neural stem cells survive, migrate, and differentiate in ischemic rat cerebral cortex. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 101: 11839–11844. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Brain transplantation of human neural stem cells transduced with tyrosine hydroxylase and GTP cyclohydrolase 1 provides functional improvement in animal models of Parkinson disease. Neuropathology 26: 129–140. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Contribution of the neural cell adhesion molecule to neuronal and synaptic plasticity. Rev Neurosci 12: 297–310. , .
- 2003. Clinically established hemostatic scaffold (tissue fleece) as biomatrix in tissue-and organ-engineering research. Tissue Eng 9: 517–523. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Brain transplantation of immortalized human neural stem cells promotes functional recovery in mouse intracerebral hemorrhage stroke model. Stem Cells 25: 1204–1212. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Collagen scaffolds populated with human marrow stromal cells reduce lesion volume and improve functional outcome after traumatic brain injury. Neurosurgery 61: 596–602 (discussion 602–603). , , , , , .
- 2001. Enoxaparin in experimental stroke: neuroprotection and therapeutic window of opportunity. Stroke 32: 993–999. , , , .
- 2008. Tissue engineering of corneal stroma with rabbit fibroblast precursors and gelatin hydrogels. Mol Vis 14: 1819–1828. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Identification and isolation of multipotential neural progenitor cells from the subcortical white matter of the adult human brain. Nat Med 9: 439–447. , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Human cord blood CD34+ cells and behavioral recovery following focal cerebral ischemia in rats. Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars) 66: 293–300. , , , .
- 2008. Induction of A9 dopaminergic neurons from neural stem cells improves motor function in an animal model of Parkinson's disease. Brain 131: 630–641. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Optimal biomaterial for creation of autologous cardiac grafts. Circulation 106: 176–182. , , , , , .
- 2006. Autologous adult rodent neural progenitor cell transplantation represents a feasible strategy to promote structural repair in the chronically injured spinal cord. Regen Med 1: 255–266. , , , , , .
- 2007. Neural stem cell transplantation and melatonin treatment in a 6-hydroxydopamine model of Parkinson's disease. J Pineal Res 43: 245–254. , , .
- 2009. Characterization of gels composed of blends of collagen I, collagen III, and chondroitin sulfate. Biomacromolecules 10: 25–31. , .
- 2007. Practical issues in stem cell therapy for Alzheimer's disease. Curr Alzheimer Res 4: 370–377. , , , , , .
- 1981. Focal cerebral ischemia in the rat: description of technique and early neuropathological consequences following middle cerebral artery occlusion. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 1: 53–60. , , , .
- 2001. Potential for polysialylated form of neural cell adhesion molecule-mediated neuroplasticity within the gonadotropin-releasing hormone neurosecretory system of the ewe. Endocrinology 142: 1317–1324. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Microglia instruct subventricular zone neurogenesis. Glia 54: 815–825. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Behavior of neural stem cells in the Alzheimer brain. Cell Mol Life Sci 65: 2372–2384. , .
- 2008a. Intravenously administered bone marrow cells migrate to damaged brain tissue and improve neural function in ischemic rats. Cell Transplant 16: 993–1005. , , , , , , , , .
- 2008b. Neural stem cells improve learning and memory in rats with Alzheimer's disease. Pathobiology 75: 186–194. , , , , , , , .