Fax: +55 0XX 14 3811 6264
Calcaneal Tendon Regions Exhibit Different MMP-2 Activation After Vertical Jumping and Treadmill Running
Article first published online: 14 AUG 2009
Copyright © 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 292, Issue 10, pages 1656–1662, October 2009
How to Cite
De Mello Malheiro, O. C., Giacomini, C. T., Justulin, L. A., Delella, F. K., Dal-Pai-Silva, M. and Felisbino, S. L. (2009), Calcaneal Tendon Regions Exhibit Different MMP-2 Activation After Vertical Jumping and Treadmill Running. Anat Rec, 292: 1656–1662. doi: 10.1002/ar.20953
- Issue published online: 18 SEP 2009
- Article first published online: 14 AUG 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 MAY 2009
- Manuscript Received: 20 JAN 2009
- FAPESP. Grant Number: 06/60115-2
- 1995. Matrix metalloproteinase-2 is an interstitial collagenase. Inhibitor-free enzyme catalyzes the cleavage of collagen fibrils and soluble native type I collagen generating the specific 3/4- and 1/4-length fragments. J Biol Chem 270: 5872–5876. , .
- 2004. The “enthesis organ” concept: why enthesopathies may not present as focal insertional disorders. Arthritis Rheum 50: 3306–3313. , , , , , .
- 1998. Fibrocartilage in tendons and ligaments–an adaptation to compressive load. J Anat 193: 481–494. , .
- 2006. Where tendons and ligaments meet bone: attachment sites (‘entheses’) in relation to exercise and/or mechanical load. J Anat 208: 471–490. , , , , , .
- 2007. Tendon matrix composition and turnover in relation to functional requirements. Int J Exp Pathol 88: 241–248. .
- 1976. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Anal Biochem 72: 248–254. .
- 2000. Structure and proteoglycan composition of specialized regions of the elastic tendon of the chicken wing. Cell Tissue Res 300: 435–446. , , , , .
- 2006. Identification, content, and distribution of type VI collagen in bovine tendons. Cell Tissue Res 325: 315–324. , , , .
- 1995. The elastic system of a pressure-bearing tendon of the bullfrog Rana catesbeiana. Ann Anat 177: 397–404. , .
- 2006. Heart failure alters matrix metalloproteinase gene expression and activity in rat skeletal muscle. Int J Exp Pathol 87: 437–443. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Regional adaptations in three rat tendons. Tissue Cell 33: 483–490. , , , , .
- 2007. The effect of age on the structure and composition of rat tendon fibrocartilage. Cell Biol Int 31: 570–577. , , , .
- 1999. Identification and distribution of type VI collagen in tendon fibrocartilages. J Submicrosc Cytol Pathol 31: 187–195. , .
- 2001. Effect of short-term exercise training on angiogenic growth factor gene responses in rats. J Appl Physiol 90: 1219–1226. , .
- 2007. Expression of collagen and related growth factors in rat tendon and skeletal muscle in response to specific contraction types. J Physiol 582: 1303–1316. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Physical exercise can influence local levels of matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in tendon-related connective tissue. J Appl Physiol 96: 861–864. , , , , .
- 2003. Metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in angiogenesis. Expert Rev Mol Med 5: 1–39. , , .
- 2001. Training-induced changes in peritendinous type I collagen turnover determined by microdialysis in humans. J Physiol 534: 297–302. , , .
- 2007. The effect of running, strength, and vibration strength training on the mechanical, morphological, and biochemical properties of the Achilles tendon in rats. J Appl Physiol 102: 564–572. , , , , .
- 2006. Androgenic-anabolic steroids associated with mechanical loading inhibit matrix metallopeptidase activity and affect the remodeling of the achilles tendon in rats. Am J Sports Med 34: 1274–1280. , , , , .
- 2008. Matrix metallopeptidase 2 activity in tendon regions: effects of mechanical loading exercise associated to anabolic-androgenic steroids. Eur J Appl Physiol 104: 1087–1093. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Structure and function of matrix metalloproteinases and TIMPs. Cardiovasc Res 69: 562–573. , , .
- 1998. Cell surface activation of progelatinase A (proMMP-2) and cell migration. Cell Res 8: 179–186. .
- 2008. Effect of eccentric exercise on the healing process of injured patellar tendon in rats. J Orthop Sci 13: 371–378. , , .
- 2005. The role of vasculature and angiogenesis for the pathogenesis of degenerative tendons disease. Scand J Med Sci Sports 15: 211–222. , , , .
- 1991. Cell and matrix biology of the suprapatella in the rat: a structural and immunocytochemical study of fibrocartilage in a tendon subject to compression. Anat Rec 231: 167–177. , , .
- 2002. Matrix metalloproteinase activities and their relationship with collagen remodelling in tendon pathology. Matrix Biol 21: 185–195. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Matrix metalloproteinases and angiogenesis. J Cell Mol Med 9: 267–285. .
- 2007. Structure-function relationships of entheses in relation to mechanical load and exercise. Scand J Med Sci Sports 17: 303–315. , .
- 1994. Aggrecan in bovine tendon. Matrix Biol 14: 171–179. , , , .