Caveolin-1 is an Important Factor for the Metastasis and Proliferation of Human Small Cell Lung Cancer NCI-H446 Cell
Article first published online: 28 AUG 2009
Copyright © 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 292, Issue 10, pages 1584–1592, October 2009
How to Cite
Yeh, D., Chen, C., Sun, M.-Z., Shao, S., Hao, L., Song, Y., Gong, L., Hu, J. and Wang, Q. (2009), Caveolin-1 is an Important Factor for the Metastasis and Proliferation of Human Small Cell Lung Cancer NCI-H446 Cell. Anat Rec, 292: 1584–1592. doi: 10.1002/ar.20974
- Issue published online: 18 SEP 2009
- Article first published online: 28 AUG 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 MAY 2009
- Manuscript Received: 14 APR 2009
- National Science Council. Grant Number: 30672392
- Talents Project of Liaoning Province. Grant Number: 2006R17
- 2007. The overexpression of caveolin-1 and caveolin-2 correlates with a poor prognosis and tumor progression in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Oncol Rep 18: 601–619. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Caveolin interacts with Trk A and p75 (NTR) and regulates neurotrophin signaling pathways. J Biol Chem 274: 257–263. , , , .
- 2007. Caveolin-1 reduces osteosarcoma metastases by inhibiting c-Src activity and met signaling. Cancer Res 67: 7675–7685. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Caveolae: mining little caves for new cancer targets. Nat Rev Cancer 3: 571–581. , .
- 2004. Cell adhesion and signalling by cadherins and Ig-CAMs in cancer. Nat Rev Cancer 4: 118–132. , .
- 2008. Impact of caveolin-1 expression on the prognosis of transitional cell carcinoma of the upper urinary tract. J Korean Med Sci 23: 296–301. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Genetic analysis of caveolin-1 and eNOS genes in colorectal cancer. Oncol Rep 16: 353–359. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Caveolin-1 expression in advanced-stage ovarian carcinoma—a clinicopathologic study. Gynecol Oncol 81: 166–171. , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Caveolin-1, transforming growth factor-beta receptor internalization, and the pathogenesis of systemic sclerosis. Curr Opin Rheumatol 20: 713–719. , , .
- 2007. MMP inhibitors in cardiac diseases: an update. Recent Patents Cardiovasc Drug Discov 2: 186–194. , , , .
- 1998. Caveolin-mediated regulation of signaling along the p42/44 MAP kinase cascade in-vivo. FEBS Lett 428: 205–211. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Caveolin-1 inhibits anchorage-independent growth, anoikis and invasiveness inMCF-7 human breast cancer cells. Oncogene 21: 2365–2375. , , , .
- 2007. Caveolin-1 expression inhibits Wnt/beta-catenin/Lef-1 signaling by recruiting beta-catenin to caveolae membrane domains. J Biol Chem 275: 23368–23377. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Caveolin-1 up-regulates IGF-I receptor gene transcription in breast cancer cells via Sp1-and p53-dependent pathways. Exp Cell Res 312: 3899–3908. , , , , , .
- 2008. Caveolin-1 in tumor progression: the good, the bad and the ugly. Cancer Metastasis Rev 27: 715–735. , , , .
- 2008. Caveolin-1 in cell polarization and directional migration. Eur J Cell Biol 87: 641–647. , .
- 1998. The role of the cell adhesion molecule uvomorulin in the formation and maintenance of the epithelial junctional complex. J Cell Biol 107: 1575–1587. , , .
- 2001. Invasion activating caveolin-1 mutation in human scirrhous breast cancers. Cancer Res 61: 2361–2364. , , .
- 2002. Expression profiling of primary non-small cell lung cancer for target identification. Oncogene 21: 7749–7763. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1987. A simple quantitative assay for studying the invasive potential of high and low human metastatic variants. Cancer Lett 38: 137–147. , , , .
- 2000. CD44 acts as a growth- and invasiveness-promoting molecule and as a tumor-suppressing cofactor. Ann NY Acad Sci 910: 106–118. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Up-regulated caveolin-1 accentuates the metastasis capability of lung adenocarcinoma by inducing filopodia formation. Am J Pathol 161: 1647–1656. , , , , , .
- 1992. Integrins versatility, modulation, and signaling in cell adhesion. Cell 69: 11–25. .
- 1990. Ten-year survival of patients with small-cell lung cancer treated with combination chemotherapy with or without irradiation. J Clin Oncol 8: 396–401. , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Overexpression of caveolin-1 in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma correlates with lymph node metastasis and pathologic stage. Cancer 94: 929–933. , , , , , , , , .
- 1993. From cadherins to catenins: cytoplasmic protein interactions and regulation of cell adhesion. Trends Genet 9: 317–321. .
- 2008. Relationship between expression of caveolin-1 and pERK1/2 and prognosis in non-small cell lung cancer. Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 37: 615–619. , , , , .
- 2003. Downregulation of caveolin-1 function by EGF leads to the loss of E-cadherin, increased transcriptional activity of beta-catenin, and enhanced tumor cell invasion. Cancer Cell 4: 499–515. , , , .
- 2001. Up-and down-regulation of granulocyte/macrophage-colony stimulating factor activity in murine skin increase susceptibility to skin carcinogenesis by independent mechanisms. Cancer Res 61: 2311–2319. , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Simultaneous expression of caveolin-1 and E-cadherin in ovarian carcinoma cells stabilizes adherens junctions through inhibition of src-related kinases. Am J Pathol 167: 1411–1427. , , , , , .
- 2005. Expression of caveolin-1 in pleomorphic carcinoma of the lung is correlated with a poor prognosis. Anticancer Res 25: 4631–4637. , , , , , , .
- 2002. The role of caveolin-1 in androgen insensitive prostate cancer. J Urol 168: 1589–1596. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. The impacts of stable transfected caveolin-1 on the cell cycle distribution in breast cancer cell line Hs578/DOX. Bull Chin Cancer 17: 52–54. , , , , .
- 2005. Mechanisms of cancer cell invasion. Curr Opin Genet 15: 87–96. .
- 2008. Caveolin-1 down-regulation inhibits insulin-like growth factor-I receptor signal transduction in H9C2 rat cardiomyoblasts. Endocrinology 149: 461–465. , , , , .
- 2005. Chlamydia trachomatis modulates expression of tumor suppressor gene caveolin-1and oncogene C-myc in the transformation zone of non-neoplastic cervical tissue. Gynecol Oncol 98: 409–419. , , , , , , .
- 2008. Role of caveolin 1, E-cadherin, enolase 2 and PKC alpha on resistance tomethotrexate in human HT29 colon cancer cells. BMC Med Genomics 1: 35. , , , , .
- 1995. Structural basis of cell-cell adhesion by cadherins. Nature 374: 327–337. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Caveolin-1, mammary stem cells, and estrogen-dependent breast cancers. Cancer Res 66: 10647–10651. , , , , , .
- 2000. Identification of filamin as a novel ligand for caveolin-1: evidence for the organization of caveolin-1-associated membrane domains by the actin cytoskeleton. Mol Biol Cell 11: 325–337. , .
- 2003. The role of E-cadherin in epithelial differentiation and cancer progression. Recent Res Dev Cell Biochem 1: 33–37. , , .
- 2004. Different roles for caveolin-1 in the development of non-small cell lung cancer versus small cell lung cancer. Cancer Res 64: 4277–4285. , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Growth of hormone-dependent MCF-7 breast cancer cells is promoted by constitutive caveolin-1 whose expression is lost in an EGF-R-mediated manner during development of tamoxifen resistance. Breast Cancer Res Treat (in press). , , , , , , .
- 2007. E-cadherin is required for caveolin-1-mediated down-regulation of the inhibitor of apoptosis protein survivin via reduced beta-catenin-Tcf/Lef-dependent transcription. Mol Cell Biol 27: 7703–7717. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Caveolin-1 gene disruption promotes mammary tumorigenesis and dramatically enhances lung metastasis in vivo: role of Cav-1 in cell invasiveness and matrix metalloproteinase (MMP-2/9) secretion. J Biol Chem 279: 51630–51646. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Co-expression of fatty acid synthase and caveolin-1 in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: implications for tumor progression and clinical outcome. Cell Cycle 7: 3021–3025. , , , , , , .
- 1999. Caveolin is an inhibitor of platelet-derived growth factor receptor signaling. Exp Cell Res 247: 380–388. , , , .
- 1998. Elevated expression of caveolin is associated with prostate and breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res 4: 1873–1880. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Expression of caveolin-1 is associated with poor prognosis of patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the lung. Lung Cancer 42: 195–202. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Significance of caveolin-1 expression in primary lung cancer. Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 35: 664–668. , , .