Tessellation Analysis of Glomerular Spatial Arrangement in Mice with Heritable Renal Hypoplasia
Version of Record online: 20 NOV 2009
Copyright © 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 293, Issue 2, pages 280–290, February 2010
How to Cite
Wong, B., Farrell, M. L., Yang, S., Freitas, T. and Lozanoff, S. (2010), Tessellation Analysis of Glomerular Spatial Arrangement in Mice with Heritable Renal Hypoplasia. Anat Rec, 293: 280–290. doi: 10.1002/ar.21038
- Issue online: 25 JAN 2010
- Version of Record online: 20 NOV 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 AUG 2009
- Manuscript Received: 7 MAY 2009
- National institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Grant Number: 1R01 DK064752
- 2006. Methods of studying the planar distributions of objects in histological sections of brain tissue. J Microsc 221: 153–158. .
- 1988. Calculating the area and centroid of a polygon. Available at: http://ozviz.wasp.uwa.edu.au/∼pbourke/geometry/polyarea/. .
- 2004. Genetic determination of nephrogenesis: the Pax/Eya/Six gene network. Pediatr Nephrol 19: 249–255. , .
- 2004. Morphometric index of the developing murine kidney. Dev Dyn 231: 601–608. , , , .
- 2007. Quantitative representation of three-dimensional cell culture models. In: Fourth IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging, Arlington, Virginia: From Nano to Macro. p 89–92. , , .
- 2006. Renal branching morphogenesis: concepts, questions, and recent advances. Differentiation 74: 402–421. .
- 2005. The where, what and why of the developing renal stroma. Nephron Exp Nephrol 99: e1–e8. , , .
- 2002. Quantification of 3D ureteric branching morphogenesis in cultured embryonic mouse kidney. Int J Dev Biol 46: 1049–1055. , , , , .
- 1998. Development of the kidney. Curr Top Dev Biol 39: 245–301. , .
- 2006. The cellular basis of kidney development. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 22: 509–529. .
- 1999. Centroidal voronoi tessellations: applications and algorithms. SIAM Rev 41: 637–676. , , .
- 2000. Voronoi tessellation to study the numerical density and spatial distribution of neurons. J Chem Neuroanat 20: 83–92. , .
- 1994. Evaluation of neuronal numerical density by Dirichlet tessellation. J Neurosci Methods 51: 47–69. , , .
- 2008. Misexpression of Six2 is associated with heritable frontonasal dysplasia and renal hypoplasia in 3H1 Br mice. Dev Dyn 237: 1767–1779. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Deficiency in Six2 during prenatal development is associated with reduced nephron number, chronic renal failure, and hypertension in Br/+ adult mice. Am J Physiol 296: F1166–F1178. , , , , , , , , .
- 1992. Metanephric mesenchyme contains multipotent stem cells whose fate is restricted after induction. Development 114: 565–572. , , , .
- 2000. Six family genes-structure and function as transcription factors and their roles in development. Bioessays 22: 616–626. , , , .
- 2005. Pathways to nephron loss starting from glomerular diseases—insights from animal models. Kidney Int 67: 409–419. , .
- 2001. Immunohistochemical localization of Pax2 and associated proteins in the developing kidney of mice with renal hypoplasia. J Histochem Cytochem 49: 1081–1097. , , , .
- 1993. External craniofacial features, body size, and renal morphology in prenatal brachyrrhine mice. Teratology 47: 321–332. , .
- 2005. Explorative statistical analysis of planar point processes. J Microsc 220: 131–139. .
- 2003. Frontonasal dysplasia in 3H1 Br/Br mice. Anat Rec 271A: 291–302. , , , , .
- 2008. Stem cells in the embryonic kidney. Kidney Int 73: 913–917. .
- 1995. Six3, a murine homologue of the sine oculis gene, demarcates the most anterior border of the developing neural plate and is expressed during eye development. Development 121: 4045–4055. , , , , , .
- 1968. Nephrons and kidneys: a quantitative study of developmental and evolutionary mammalian renal architectonics. New York, NY: Hoeber Medical Division. .
- 2005. Quantitative spatial analysis of the distribution of NADPH-diaphorase-positive neurons in the developing and mature rat retina. Brain Res Bull 651: 349–360. , , , , .
- 2003. Transcriptional control of epithelial differentiation during kidney development. J Am Soc Nephrol 14: S9–S15. , , , .
- 1987. Organogenesis of the kidney. In: BarlowPW, GreenPB, WhiteCC, editors. Developmental and cell biology series 19. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press. .
- 1966. New mutants. Mouse News Lett 35: 27. .
- 2006. Six2 is required for suppression of nephrogenesis and progenitor renewal in the developing kidney. EMBO J 25: 5214–5228. , , , , , , .
- 1999. Expression of green fluorescent protein in the ureteric bud of transgenic mice: a new tool for the analysis of ureteric bud morphogenesis. Dev Genet 24: 241–251. , , , , , .
- 1985. Spatial data analysis by example. Point pattern and quantitative data. New York: Wiley. Vol. I: p 96–104. , .
- 1999. Eya1-deficient mice lack ears and kidneys and show abnormal apoptosis of organ primordia. Nat Genet 23: 113–117. , , , , , .
- 2003. Six1 is required for the early organogenesis of mammalian kidney. Development 130: 3085–3094. , , , , , .