Postnatal Development of the Central Nervous System: Anomalies in the Formation of Cerebellum Fissures
Version of Record online: 20 JAN 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 293, Issue 3, pages 492–501, March 2010
How to Cite
Cerri, S., Piccolini, V. M. and Bernocchi, G. (2010), Postnatal Development of the Central Nervous System: Anomalies in the Formation of Cerebellum Fissures. Anat Rec, 293: 492–501. doi: 10.1002/ar.21082
- Issue online: 17 FEB 2010
- Version of Record online: 20 JAN 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 OCT 2009
- Manuscript Received: 15 JUL 2009
- University of Pavia (Fondo Ateneo Ricerca)
- 1972a. Postnatal development of the cerebellar cortex in the rat. I. The external granular layer and the transitional molecular layer. J Comp Neurol 145: 353–398. .
- 1972b. Postnatal development of the cerebellar cortex in the rat. II. Phases in the maturation of Purkinje cells and of the molecular layer. J Comp Neurol 145: 399–464. .
- 1973. Experimental reorganization of the cerebellar cortex. IV. Parallel fiber reorientation following regeneration of the external granular layer. J Comp Neurol 149: 181–192. .
- 1982. Morphological development of the rat cerebellum and some of its mechanisms. In: Palay SL, Chan-Palay V, editors. The cerebellum-new vistas. Berlin: Springer. p 8–49. .
- 1985. Embryonic development of the rat cerebellum. III. Regional differences in the time of origin, migration and setting of Purkinje cells. J Comp Neurol 231: 42–65. , .
- 1997. Development of the cerebellar system in relation to its evolution, structure and functions. New York: CRC Press. , .
- 1999. Perlecan is essential for cartilage and cephalic development. Nat Genet 23: 354–358. , , , , .
- 2006. Reorganization of rat cerebellar cortex during postnatal development following cisplatin treatment. Exp Neurol 201: 131–143. , , , , .
- 2006. The level of sonic hedgehog signalling regulates the complexity of cerebellar foliation. Development 133: 1811–1821. , , , .
- 2004. Spatial pattern of sonic hedgehog signaling through Gli genes during cerebellum development. Development 131: 5581–5590. , , , , .
- 1999. Perlecan maintains the integrity of cartilage and some basement membranes. J Cell Biol 147: 1109–1122. , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Conditional ablation of cerebellar astrocytes in postnatal transgenic mice. J Neurosci 16: 6908–6918. , , .
- 2002. Abnormalities of cerebellar foliation and fissuration: classification, neurogenetics and clinicoradiological correlations. Neuroradiology 44: 639–646. .
- 1985. Outbred Sprague-Dawley rats from two breeders exhibit different incidences of neuroanatomical abnormalities affecting the primary cerebellar fissure. Exp Brain Res 59: 625–628. , .
- 1996. Neuroanatomical and functional alteration resulting from early postnatal cerebellar insults in rodents. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 4: 663–671. .
- 2001. Beta1-class integrins regulate the development of laminae and folia in the cerebral and cerebellar cortex. Neuron 31: 1–20. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1980. Naturally occurring alterations of critical layers surrounding the fissura prima of rat cerebellum. J Comp Neurol 192: 109–118. , , , , .
- 2002. A critical function of the pial basement membrane in cortical histogenesis. J Neurosci 22: 6029–6040. , , , , .
- 2007. Prolonged glial expression of Sox4 in the CNS leads to architectural cerebellar defects and ataxia. J Neurosci 27: 5495–5505. , , , , , .
- 1980. Temporal and spatial patterns of Purkinje cell formation in the mouse cerebellum. J Comp Neurol 194: 499–503. , .
- 2001. Abnormal function of astroglia lacking Abr and Bcr RacGAPs. Development 128: 4217–4227. , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Developmental anatomy of reeler mutant mouse. Dev Growth Differ 51: 271–286. , .
- 1998. Reactive gliosis of immature Bergman glia and microglial activation in response to cell death of granule cell precursors induced by methylazoxymethanol treatment in developing rat cerebellum. Anat Embryol 198: 111–122. , , , .
- 2006. Regional differences in vulnerability of the cerebellar foliations of rats exposed to neonatal X-irradiation. Neurosci Lett 402: 86–91. , , , , , , , , .
- 1993. Disorder of cerebellar foliation in Walker's lissencephaly and neu-laxova syndrome. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 52: 633–639. , , , , .
- 2001. Evidence that the loss of Purkinje cells and deep cerebellar nuclei neurons in homozygous weaver is not related to neurogenetic patterns. Int J Dev Neurosci 19: 559–610 , , , .
- 1999. Neurogenetics of the cerebellar system. J Child Neurol 14: 574–582. , , , , .
- 2002. The malformation of the cerebellar fissura prima: a tool for studying histogenetic processes. Cerebellum 1: 137–142. , .
- 2000. Development of the anatomical alteration of the cerebellar fissura prima. Anat Rec 259: 150–156. , , , .
- 2003. Signal molecules and receptors in the differential development of cerebellum lobules. Acute effects of cisplatin on nitric oxide and glutamate systems in Purkinje cell population. Dev Brain Res 145: 229–240. , , , .
- 2004. Developmental plasticity of rat cerebellar cortex after cisplatin injury: inhibitory synapses and differentiating Purkinje neurons. Neuroscience 129: 655–664. , , , .
- 2005. Proliferation and migration of granule cells in the developing rat cerebellum: cisplatin effects. Anat Rec A 287: 1226–1235. , , , , , .
- 2005. Neuronal migration defects in cerebellum of the Lrge (myd) mouse are associated with disruptions in Bergmann glia organization and delayed migration of granule neurons. Cerebellum 4: 261–270. , .
- 1995. Cortical development: view from neurological mutants two decades later. Neuron 14: 1101–1104. , ,
- 2008. Cytoarchitecture and transcriptional profiles of neocortical malformations in inbred mice. Cereb Cortex 18: 2614–2628. , , , , , .
- 2001. Human brain malformations and their lessons for neuronal migration. Annu Rev Neurosci 24: 1041–1070. , .
- 1994. Meningeal cells organize the superficial glia limitans of the cerebellum and produce components of both the interstitial matrix and the basement membrane. J Neurocytol 23: 135–149. , , , .
- 1978. Presence of displaced neuronal elements within rat cerebellar fissures. Brain Res 148: 15–29. , , , .
- 2007. Cerebellum morphogenesis: the foliation pattern is orchestrated by multi-cellular anchoring centers. Neural Dev 2: 26. , .
- 2005. Abnormality in the cerebellar folial pattern of C57BL/6J mice. Neurosci Lett 390: 182–186. , .
- 1994. GABAA receptor subtypes expressed in cerebellar granule cells: a developmental study. J Neurochem 62: 2037–2044. , .
- 2006. Jagged 1 ablation results in cerebellar granule cell migration defects and depletion of Bergmann glia. Dev Neurosci 28: 70–80. , , , , .
- 2005. PTEN deletion in Bergmann glia leads to premature differentiation and affects laminar organization. Development 132: 3281–3291. , , , , , , .
- 2007. Cortical dysplasia and skull defects in mice with a Foxc1 allele reveal the role of meningeal differentiation in regulating cortical development. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 104: 14002–14007. , , , , , .