Authors contributed equally to this work.
Effect of Hypoxia/Reoxygenation on Cell Viability and Expression and Secretion of Neurotrophic Factors (NTFs) in Primary Cultured Schwann Cells
Version of Record online: 23 FEB 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 293, Issue 5, pages 865–870, May 2010
How to Cite
Zhu, H., Li, F., Yu, W.-J., WANG, W.-J., Li, L., Wan, L.-D., Le, Y. and Ding, W.-L. (2010), Effect of Hypoxia/Reoxygenation on Cell Viability and Expression and Secretion of Neurotrophic Factors (NTFs) in Primary Cultured Schwann Cells. Anat Rec, 293: 865–870. doi: 10.1002/ar.21105
- Issue online: 23 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 23 FEB 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 DEC 2009
- Manuscript Received: 12 OCT 2008
- Shanghai Leading Academic Discipline Project. Grant Numbers: S30201, S30205
- Shanghai Science and Technology Foundation of China. Grant Number: 03BK15
- 2001. Mechanisms of cell survival in hypoxia and hypothermia. J Exp Biol 204: 3171–3181. .
- 2002. Activation of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 in the rat cerebral cortex after transient global ischemia: potential role of insulin-like growth factor-1. J Neurosci 22: 8922–8931. , .
- 1992. Syngeneic Schwann cells derived from adult nerves seeded in semipermeable guidance channels enhance peripheral nerve regeneration. J Neurosci 12: 3310–3320. , , , , .
- 2004. Schwann cell is a target in ischemia-reperfusion injury to peripheral nerve. Muscle Nerve 30: 761–766. , , , , .
- 2008. Minocycline protects Schwann cells from ischemia-like injury and promotes axonal outgrowth in bioartificial nerve grafts lacking Wallerian degeneration. Exp Neurol 212: 189–200. , , .
- 2007. Involvement of MAPK/ERK kinase-ERK pathway in exogenous bFGF-induced Egr-1 binding activity enhancement in anoxia-reoxygenation injured astrocytes. Neurosci Bull 23: 221–228. , , , .
- 1997. Effect of hypoxia on the proliferation of retinal microvessel endothelial cells in culture. Anat Rec 248: 366–373. , , .
- 1992. Enhanced synthesis of brain-derived neurotrophic factor in the lesioned peripheral nerve: different mechanisms are responsible for the regulation of BDNF and NGF mRNA. J Cell Biol 119: 45–54. , , , , .
- 1998. Caspases: the proteases of the apoptotic pathway. Oncogene 17: 3237–3245. , , , .
- 2007. Hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha may be a marker for vasculitic neuropathy. Neuropathology 27: 509–515. , , , , .
- 1999. Nerve growth factor signaling through p75 induces apoptosis in Schwann cells via a Bcl-2-independent pathway. J Neurosci 19: 4828–4838. , , , , , .
- 2007. Hypoxia/reoxygenation stimulates proliferation through PKC-dependent activation of ERK and AKT in mouse neural progenitor cells. Neurochem Res 32: 1932–1939. , , , , , .
- 2008. TNF receptor I sensitizes neurons to erythropoietin- and VEGF-mediated neuroprotection after ischemic and excitotoxic injury. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 105: 6185–6190. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Ischemia-reperfusion injury causes oxidative stress and apoptosis of Schwann cell in acute and chronic experimental diabetic neuropathy. Antioxid Redox Signal 7: 1513–1520. , , , , .
- 1999. Studies on the influences of hypoxia on morphology and migration of the cultured Schwann cells and anti-hypoxia effect of EGb 761. Chin J Neuroanat 15: 273–276. , , , .
- 2008. Effect of panaxydol on hypoxia-induced cell death and expression and secretion of neurotrophic factors (NTFs) in hypoxic primary cultured Schwann cells. Chem Biol Interact 174: 44–50. , , , , .