Fax: +31 206976177
Expression of Muscle Segment Homeobox Genes in the Developing Myocardium
Version of Record online: 11 MAR 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 293, Issue 6, pages 998–1001, June 2010
How to Cite
Boogerd, C. J.J., Moorman, A. F.M. and Barnett, P. (2010), Expression of Muscle Segment Homeobox Genes in the Developing Myocardium. Anat Rec, 293: 998–1001. doi: 10.1002/ar.21112
- Issue online: 19 MAY 2010
- Version of Record online: 11 MAR 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 DEC 2009
- Manuscript Received: 21 OCT 2009
- European Community's Sixth Framework Programme contract. Grant Number: LSHM-CT-2005-018630 (“HeartRepair”)
- 2001. Overlapping and differential localization of Bmp-2, Bmp-4, Msx-2 and apoptosis in the endocardial cushion and adjacent tissues of the developing mouse heart. Cell Tissue Res 305: 67–78. , , , .
- 1998. FGFs and BMP4 induce both Msx1-independent and Msx1-dependent signaling pathways in early tooth development. Development 125: 4325–4333. , .
- 2008. Msx1 and Msx2 are functional interacting partners of T-box factors in the regulation of connexin 43. Cardiovasc Res 78: 485–493. , , , , , , .
- 1993. Expression of homeobox genes Msx-1 (Hox-7) and Msx-2 (Hox-8) during cardiac development in the chick. Dev Dyn 197: 203–216. , , , , .
- 2008. Msx1 and Msx2 are required for endothelial-mesenchymal transformation of the atrioventricular cushions and patterning of the atrioventricular myocardium. BMC Dev Biol 8: 75. , , , .
- 2007. Msx1 and Msx2 regulate survival of secondary heart field precursors and post-migratory proliferation of cardiac neural crest in the outflow tract. Dev Biol 308: 421–437. , , , , .
- 2000. Chamber formation and morphogenesis in the developing mammalian heart. Dev Biol 223: 266–278. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. T-box transcription factor Tbx2 represses differentiation and formation of the cardiac chambers. Dev Dyn 229: 763–770. , , , , , .
- 2002. Cooperative action of Tbx2 and Nkx2.5 inhibits ANF expression in the atrioventricular canal: implications for cardiac chamber formation. Genes Dev 16: 1234–1246. , , , , , , , .
- 1989. A new family of mouse homeo box-containing genes: molecular structure, chromosomal location, and developmental expression of Hox-7.1. Genes Dev 3: 26–37. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. T-box factors determine cardiac design. Cell Mol Life Sci 64: 646–660. , , , .
- 1997. Insertional mutation of the mouse Msx1 homeobox gene by an nlacZ reporter gene. Mech Dev 65: 123–133. , , , .
- 2005. Combined deficiencies of Msx1 and Msx2 cause impaired patterning and survival of the cranial neural crest. Development 132: 4937–4950. , , , , , .
- 2002. Msx2 is an immediate downstream effector of Pax3 in the development of the murine cardiac neural crest. Development 129: 527–538. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Analysis of Msx1; Msx2 double mutants reveals multiple roles for Msx genes in limb development. Development 132: 3003–3014. , , , , , .
- 2005. Bmp2 is essential for cardiac cushion epithelial-mesenchymal transition and myocardial patterning. Development 132: 5601–5611. , , , .
- 1992. Expression patterns of the homeobox gene, Hox-8, in the mouse embryo suggest a role in specifying tooth initiation and shape. Development 115: 403–420. , , .
- 1991. The homeobox gene Hox 7.1 has specific regional and temporal expression patterns during early murine craniofacial embryogenesis, especially tooth development in vivo and in vitro. Development 111: 269–285. , , , , .
- 1991. The Msh-like homeobox genes define domains in the developing vertebrate eye. Development 112: 1053–1061. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Sensitive nonradioactive detection of mRNA in tissue sections: novel application of the whole-mount in situ hybridization protocol. J Histochem Cytochem 49: 1–8. , , , .
- 1989. Hox-7, a mouse homeobox gene with a novel pattern of expression during embryogenesis. EMBO J 8: 91–100. , , , , .
- 2000. Msx2 deficiency in mice causes pleiotropic defects in bone growth and ectodermal organ formation. Nat Genet 24: 391–395. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1994. Msx1 deficient mice exhibit cleft palate and abnormalities of craniofacial and tooth development. Nat Genet 6: 348–356. , .
- 2009. Tbx20 interacts with smads to confine Tbx2 expression to the atrioventricular canal. Circ Res 105: 442–452. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. The cardiac homeobox gene Csx/Nkx2.5 lies genetically upstream of multiple genes essential for heart development. Development 126: 1269–1280. , , , , .
- 2001. Elevated expression of Nkx-2.5 in developing myocardial conduction cells. Anat Rec 263: 307–313. , , , , , , .