RECK Expression in the Rat Ventral Prostate: Response to Castration Involves a Balance Between Epithelial and Stromal Expression
Version of Record online: 11 MAR 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 293, Issue 6, pages 993–997, June 2010
How to Cite
Peters, H., Augusto, T. M., Bruni-cardoso, A. and Carvalho, H. F. (2010), RECK Expression in the Rat Ventral Prostate: Response to Castration Involves a Balance Between Epithelial and Stromal Expression. Anat Rec, 293: 993–997. doi: 10.1002/ar.21140
- Issue online: 19 MAY 2010
- Version of Record online: 11 MAR 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 DEC 2009
- Manuscript Received: 4 MAR 2008
- 2007. Effects of long-term castration on the smooth muscle cell phenotype of the rat ventral prostate. J Androl 28: 777–783. , , .
- 2004. Smooth muscle cell behavior in the ventral prostate of castrated rats. J Androl 25: 50–56. , , .
- 2008. Remodeling of rat ventral prostate after castration involves heparanase-1. Cell Tissue Res 332: 307–315. , , .
- 2009. Stromal remodelling is required for progressive involution of the rat ventral prostate after castration: identification of a matrix metalloproteinase-dependent apoptotic wave. Int J Androl: 1365–2605. , , , , .
- 2008. Localized matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2 and MMP-9 activity in the rat ventral prostate during the first week of postnatal development. Histochem Cell Biol 129: 805–815. , , , .
- 1996. Basement membrane associated changes in the rat ventral prostate following castration. Cell Biol Int 20: 809–819. , .
- 2001. Matrylisin mediates extracellular cleavage of E-cadherin from prostate cancer cells: a key mechanism in hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor-induced cell-cell dissociation and in vitro invasion. Clin Cancer Res 1: 34–45. , , .
- 2007. Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2) location in the ventral, lateral, dorsal and anterior lobes of rat prostate by immunohistochemistry. Cell Biol Int 31: 229–234. , , .
- 2004. Gene expression profiling identifies a unique androgen-mediated inflammatory/immune signature and a PTEN (phosphatase and tensin homolog deleted on chromosome 10)-mediated apoptotic response specific to the rat ventral prostate. Mol Endocrinol 18: 2895–2907. , , , , , .
- 1992. In situ hybridization with biotinylated probes. In WilkinsonDG, editor. In situ hybridization. New York: IRL Press. p 45–59. , .
- 2007. Epithelial-stromal transition of MMP-7 immunolocalization in the rat ventral prostate following bilateral orchiectomy. Cell Biol Int 31: 1173–1178. , , , .
- 2006. Quantitative real-time RT-PCR validation of differential mRNA expression of SPARC, FADD, Fascin, COL7A1, CK4, TGM3, ECM1, PPL and EVPL in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. BMC Cancer 6: 33. , . , . , , , , , , .
- 2000. Prostatic ductal system in rats: changes in regional distribution of extracellular matrix proteins during castration-induced regression. Prostate 43: 3–10. , , , , .
- 1994. Role of androgens in prostatic cancer. Vitamins Hormones 49: 433–502. .
- 1996. Two distinct phases of apoptosis in mammary gland involution: proteinase-independent and -dependent pathways. Development 122: 181–193. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Beta-adrenergic receptor-stimulated apoptosis in adult cardiac myocytes involves MMP-2-mediated disruption of beta1 integrin signaling and mitochondrial pathway. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 20: C254–C261. , , , , .
- 2001. The membrane-anchored MMP inhibitor RECK is a key regulator of extracellular matrix integrity and angiogenesis. Cell 107: 789–800. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Invasion-associated MMP-2 and MMP-9 are up-regulated intracellularly in concert with apoptosis linked to melanoma cell detachment. Clin Exp Metastasis 22: 285–295. , , .
- 1996. Matrilysin expression in the involuting rat ventral prostate. Prostate 29: 159–168. , , , , , .
- 1999. The metalloproteinase matrilysin proteolytically generates active soluble Fas ligand and potentiates epithelial cell apoptosis. Curr Biol 9: 1441–1447. , , , , .
- 1999. Early effects of castration on the vascular system of the rat ventral prostate gland. Endocrinology 140: 1920–1926. , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Collagen fiber reorganization in the rat ventral prostate following androgen deprivation: a possible role for smooth muscle cells. Prostate 45: 253–258. , , , .
- 1991. Calcium-dependent and calcium independent gelatinolytic proteinase activities of the rat ventral prostate and its secretion: characterization and effect of castration and testosterone treatment. Biol Reprod 44: 776–785. , , , .
- 2002. Stromal effects on mammary gland development and breast cancer. Science 296: 1046–1049. , .