Xinting Wang and Xin Liu contributed equally to this article.
Coactivator P100 Protein Enhances STAT6-Dependent Transcriptional Activation But Has No Effect on STAT1-Mediated Gene Transcription
Version of Record online: 11 MAR 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 293, Issue 6, pages 1010–1016, June 2010
How to Cite
Wang, X., Liu, X., Fang, J., Lu, Y., He, J., Yao, X., Yao, Z. and Yang, J. (2010), Coactivator P100 Protein Enhances STAT6-Dependent Transcriptional Activation But Has No Effect on STAT1-Mediated Gene Transcription. Anat Rec, 293: 1010–1016. doi: 10.1002/ar.21143
- Issue online: 19 MAY 2010
- Version of Record online: 11 MAR 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 DEC 2009
- Manuscript Received: 16 SEP 2009
- Ministry of Science and Technology of China (863 project). Grant Number: 2007AA02Z115
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Numbers: 90919032, 30970562, 30670441, 30670802
- Tianjin Municipal Science and Technology Commission. Grant Numbers: 08ZCGHHZ01900, 08JCYBJC07700, 2009CB918903
- 973 Program. Grant Number: 2009CB918903
- Specialized Fund for the Doctoral Program of Higher Education. Grant Number: 20091202110001
- Tianjin Educational Committee Foundation. Grant Number: 2008ZD01
- 2003. A micrococcal nuclease homologue in RNAi effector complexes. Nature 425: 411–414. , , , , , .
- 1994. Jak-STAT pathways and transcriptional activation in response to IFNs and other extracellular signaling proteins. Science 264: 1415–1421. , , .
- 1999. Induction of3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta5-delta4 isomerase type 1 gene transcription in human breast cancer cell lines and in normal mammary epithelial cells by interleukin-4 and interleukin-13. Mol Endocrinol 13: 66–81. , , , .
- 1997. Nuclear integration of JAK/STAT and Ras/AP-1 signaling by CBP and p300. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94: 1074–1079. , , , , , , , , .
- 1994. An interleukin-4-induced transcription factor: IL-4 Stat. Science 265: 1701–1706. , , , , , .
- 2005. IFN-γsuppresses STAT6 phosphorylation by inhibiting its recruitment to the IL-4 receptor. J Immunol 174: 1332–1337. , , , .
- 1996. STATs: signal transducers and activators of transcription. Cell 84: 331–334. .
- 2004. IL-13 and IL-1 promote lung fibroblast growth through coordinated up-regulation of PDGF-AA and PDGF-R. FASEB J 18: 1132–1134. , , , , .
- 2003. Tudor and nuclease-like domains containing protein p100 function as coactivators for signal transducer and activator of transcription 5. Mol Endocrinol 17: 1805–1814. , , .
- 1993. Requirement of tyrosine phosphorylation for rapid activation of a DNA binding factor by IL-4. Science 262: 1265–1267. , .
- 1998. Signal transducer and activator of transcription factor 6 (Stat6)-deficient mice are protected from antigen-induced airway hyperresponsiveness and mucus production. J Exp Med 187: 939–948. , , , .
- 1998. Jaks and STATs: biological implications. Annu Rev Immunol 16: 293–322. , .
- 1998. Pim-1 kinase and p100 cooperate to enhance c-Myb activity. Mol Cell 2: 417–425. , .
- 2002. Stats: transcriptional control and biological impact. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 3: 651–662. , .
- 2006. Polycystin-1, STAT6, and P100 function in a pathway that transduces ciliary mechanosensation and is activated in polycystic kidney disease. Dev Cell 10: 57–69. , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Comparison of the transactivation domains of Stat5 and Stat6 in lymphoid cells and mammary epithelial cells. Mol Cell Biol 17: 3363–3678. , .
- 2009. IL-4 independent nuclear translocallization of STAT6 in HeLa cells by entry of toxoplasma gondii. Korean J Parasitol 47: 117–124. .
- 2004. Inhibition of signal transducer and activator of transcription 1 attentuates allergen-induced airway inflammation and hyperreactivity. J Allergy Clin Immunol 114: 288–295. , , , , , , , .
- 1995. Cloning of murine Stat6 and human Stat6, Stat proteins that are tyrosine phosphorylated in responses to IL-4 and IL-3 but are not required for mitogenesis Mol Cell Biol 15: 3336–3343. , , , , , , , .
- 2004. The JAK/STAT signaling pathway. J Cell Sci 117: 1281–1283. , , .
- 2005. Uteroglobin suppresses SCCA gene expression associated with allergic asthma. J Biol Chem 280: 9761–9764. , , , , , .
- 1995. The Epstein-Barr virus nuclear protein 2 acidic domain forms a complex with a novel cellular coactivator that can interact with TFIIE. Mol Cell Biol 15: 4735–4744. , , , , .
- 2005. The transcriptional co-activator protein p100 recruits histone acetyltransferase activity to STAT6 and mediates interaction between the CREB-binding protein and STAT6. J Biol Chem 280: 14989–14996. , , , .
- 2006. Characterization of RNA helicase A as component of STAT6-dependent enhanceosome. Nucleic Acids Res 34: 3938–3946. , , .
- 2005. Susceptibility of signal transducer and activator of transcription-1-deficient mice to pulmonary fibrogenesis. Am J Pathol 167: 1221–1229. , , , , , , , .
- 2004. STAT-1 is activated by IL-4 and IL-13 in multiple cell types. Mol Immunol 41: 873–884. , , , .
- 2002. Identification of p100 as a coactivator for STAT6 that bridges STAT6 with RNA polymerase II. EMBO J 21: 4950–4958. , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Cell proliferation and STAT6 pathways are negatively regulated in T cells by STAT1 and suppressors of cytokine signaling. J Immunol 173: 737–746. , , , , , , , .