Fax: (317) 278-2040
Disease Stage Characterization of Hepatorenal Fibrocystic Pathology in the PCK Rat Model of ARPKD
Version of Record online: 17 MAY 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 293, Issue 8, pages 1279–1288, August 2010
How to Cite
Mason, S. B., Liang, Y., Sinders, R. M., Miller, C. A., Eggleston-Gulyas, T., Crisler-Roberts, R., Harris, P. C. and Gattone, V. H. (2010), Disease Stage Characterization of Hepatorenal Fibrocystic Pathology in the PCK Rat Model of ARPKD. Anat Rec, 293: 1279–1288. doi: 10.1002/ar.21166
- Issue online: 22 JUL 2010
- Version of Record online: 17 MAY 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 FEB 2010
- Manuscript Received: 26 SEP 2009
- NIH. Grant Numbers: R01 DK68581, R01 DK59597
- PKD Research Electron Microscopy Core. Supported by the PKD Foundation
- 2006. Clinical and molecular characterization defines a broadened spectrum of autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD). Medicine (Baltimore) 85: 1–21. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Spectrum of Mutations in the Gene for Autosomal Recessive Polycystic Kidney Disease (ARPKD/PKHD1). J Am Soc Nephrol 14: 76–89. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Delayed cystogenesis and increased ciliogenesis associated with the re-expression of polaris in Tg737 mutant mice. Kidney Int 63: 1220–1229. , .
- 2003. Milder presentation of recessive polycystic kidney disease requires presence of amino acid substitution mutations. J Am Soc Nephrol 14: 2004–2014. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Biliary and pancreatic dysgenesis in mice harboring a mutation in Pkhd1. Am J Pathol 172: 417–429. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Inhibition of renal cystic disease development and progression by a vasopressin V2 receptor antagonist. Nat Med 9: 1323–1326 , , , .
- 2009 Late progression of renal pathology and cyst enlargement is reduced by rapamycin in a mouse model of nephronophthisis. Kidney Int 76: 178–182. , , , .
- 1996. Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease: clinical and genetic profiles. In Polycystic Kidney Disease. Oxford, UK: Oxford Medical Publications. .
- 2000. Characterization of a novel polycystic kidney rat model with accompanying polycystic liver. Exp Anim 49: 51–55. , , , , .
- 2001. The PCK rat: a new model that resembles human autosomal dominant polycystic kidney and liver disease. Kidney Int 59: 126–136. , , , , .
- 2003. Kidney-specific inactivation of the KIF3A subunit of kinesin-II inhibits renal ciliogenesis and produces polycystic kidney disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 100: 5286–5291. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Defects in cholangiocyte fibrocystin expression and ciliary structure in the PCK rat. Gastroenterology 125: 1303–1310. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Biliary dysgenesis in the PCK rat, an orthologous model of autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease. Am J Pathol 165: 1719–1730. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Octreotide inhibits hepatic cystogenesis in a rodent model of polycystic liver disease by reducing cholangiocyte adenosine 3′,5′-cyclic monophosphate. Gastroenterology 132: 1104–1116. , , , , .
- 2009. A rat model of chronic kidney disease-mineral bone disorder. Kidney Int 75: 176–184. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Increased water intake decreases progression of polycystic kidney disease in the PCK rat. J Am Soc Nephrol 17: 2220–2227. , , , , , , .
- 1999. Stereologic methods and their application in kidney research. J Am Soc Nephrol 10: 1100–1123. .
- 2001. Polycystic kidney rat is a novel animal model of Caroli's disease associated with congenital hepatic fibrosis. Am J Pathol 158: 1605–1612. , , , , , .
- 2006. Inhibition of intrahepatic bile duct dilation of the polycystic kidney rat with a novel tyrosine kinase inhibitor gefitinib. Am J Pathol 169: 1238–1250. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. EGF receptor tyrosine kinase inhibition attenuates the development of PKD in Han:SPRD rats. Kidney Int 64: 1573–1579. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibition is not protective in PCK rats. Kidney Int 66: 1766–1773. , , , , , , .
- 2007. Autsomal dominant polycystic kidney disease. The Lancet 369: 1287–1301. , , .
- 2004 The autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease protein is localized to primary cilia, with concentration in the Basal body area. J Am Soc Nephrol 15: 592–602 , , , , .
- 2005. Effectiveness of vasopressin V2 receptor antagonists OPC-31260 and OPC-41061 on polycystic kidney disease development in the PCK rat. J Am Soc Nephrol 16: 846–851. , , , .
- 2008. Vasopressin directly regulates cyst growth in polycystic kidney disease. J Am Soc Nephrol 19: 102–108. , , , , .
- 2002. The gene mutated in autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease encodes a large, receptor-like protein. Nat Genet 30: 259–269. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003 Cellular and subcellular localization of the ARPKD protein; fibrocystin is expressed on primary cilia. Hum Mol Genet 12: 2703–2710. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Kidney cysts, pancreatic cysts, and biliary disease in a mouse model of autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease. Pediatr Nephrol 23: 733–741. , , , , .
- 2007. A mouse model of autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease with biliary duct and proximal tubule dilatation. Kidney Int 72: 328–336. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. PKHD1 protein encoded by the gene for autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease associates with basal bodies and primary cilia in renal epithelial cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 101: 2311–2316. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .