Effect of Sympathetic Nerves on Proliferation of Splenic Lymphocytes and Antioxidant Function of Maternal Spleen in Early Pregnant Mice
Version of Record online: 31 MAR 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 294, Issue 5, pages 875–882, May 2011
How to Cite
Bai, Y., Wang, T., Wang, Z., Cao, J., Dong, Y. and Chen, Y. (2011), Effect of Sympathetic Nerves on Proliferation of Splenic Lymphocytes and Antioxidant Function of Maternal Spleen in Early Pregnant Mice. Anat Rec, 294: 875–882. doi: 10.1002/ar.21372
- Issue online: 12 APR 2011
- Version of Record online: 31 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 JAN 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 24 JAN 2011
- Manuscript Received: 23 MAY 2010
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Numbers: 30671514, 30871835
- 1997. Impaired sympathetic influence on the immune response in patients with rheumatoid arthritis due to lymphocyte subset-specific modulation of β2-adrenergic receptors. Rheumatology 36: 1262–1269. , , , , , .
- 2003. Plasma membrane and vesicular monoamine transporters in normal endometrium and early pregnancy deciduas. Mol Hum Reprod 9: 389–394. , , , , , .
- 2001. Oxygen free radicals and disorders of pregnancy. Fetal Matern Med Rev 12: 273–298. , .
- 2004. Placental oxidative stress: from miscarriage to preeclampsia. J Soc Gynecol Investig 11: 342–352. , .
- 2008. Pregnancy and lactation modulate maternal splenic growth and development of the erythroid lineage in the rat and mouse. Reprod Fertil Dev 20: 303–310. , , .
- 2003. Iron and oxidative stress in pregnancy. J Nutr 133: 1700S–1708S. , .
- 2006. Normal structure, function, and histology of the spleen. Toxicol Pathol 34: 455–465. .
- 2010. Inflammation and implantation. Am J Reprod Immunol 63: 17–21. , , , .
- 2002. Pregnancy dating in the rat: placental morphology and maternal blood parameters. Toxicol Pathol 30: 271–282. , , .
- 2007a. Effect of sympathetic nerve on spleen lymphocyte transformation rate. Chin J Vet Med 43: 11–12 (in Chinese). , , , , .
- 2007b. Role of sympathetic nerves on early embryonic development and immune modulation of uterus in pregnant mice. Auton Neurosci 131: 87–93. , , , , .
- 2000. The sympathetic nerve-an integrative interface between two super systems: the brain and the immune system. Pharmacol Rev 52: 595–638. , , , .
- 1968. Erythropoiesis in the spleen and bone marrow of the pregnant mouse. Dev Biol 18: 331–353. , .
- 1968. Vascular responses of the spleen to nerve stimulation during normal and reduced blood flow. J Physiol 194: 421–433. , , .
- 2002. Regulated expression of alpha-1 adrenergic receptors in the immune system. Brain Behav Immun 16: 799–807. .
- 1982. Opioid peptides and noradrenaline co-exist in large dense-cored vesicles from sympathetic nerve. Neuroscience 7: 2255–2261. , , , , .
- 2001. Norepinephrine and β2-adrenergic receptor stimulation regulate CD4+ T and B lymphocyte function in vitro and in vivo. Pharmacol Rev 53: 487–525. , .
- 2008. Oxidative stress attenuates NO-induced modulation of sympathetic neurotransmission in the mesenteric arterial bed of spontaneously hypertensive rats. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 294: H183–H189. , , .
- 1981. Studies on the mechanism of action of the abortive effect of 6-hydroxydopamine in rats. Med Biol 59: 111–115. , .
- 1973. The lymphoid organs during pregnancy in the mouse. A comparison between a syngeneic and an allogeneic mating. Clin Exp Immunol 13: 107–124. , .
- 1979. An investigation of splenic enlargement in pregnant mice. Dev Comp Immunol 3: 683–695. , , .
- 1983. Rapid colorimetric assay for cellular growth and survival: application to proliferation and cytotoxicity assays. J Immunol Method 65: 55–63. .
- 1992. Sympathetic and immune interactions during dynamic exercise. Mediation via a β2-adrenergic-dependent mechanism. Circulation 86: 203–213. , , , , , .
- 2004. Oxidative stress in the placenta. Histochem Cell Biol 122: 369–382. , .
- 2009. Pregnancy alters the proliferation and apoptosis of mouse splenic erythroid lineage cells and leukocytes. Bio Reprod 81: 457–464. , , , .
- 2008. Pregnancy following splenectomy for spherocytosis. J Obstet Gynecol India 58: 71–72. , .
- 1981. Effects of pregnancy on erythropoiesis in the splenic red pulp of the mouse: a quantitative electron microscopic study. Arch Histol Jpn 44: 429–438. , , .
- 2008. Oxidative stress early in pregnancy and pregnancy outcome. Free Radical Res 42: 841–848. , , .
- 1996. Successful emergency splenectomy during pregnancy in a patient with life-threatening idiopathic thrombocytopenia. J Perinat Med 24: 703–706. , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Splenocytes in early pregnancy promote embryo implantation by regulating endometrial differentiation in mice. Human Reprod 12: 2102–2107. , , , , , , , .