Overexpression of Lewis (y) Antigen Protects Ovarian Cancer RMG-1 Cells from Carboplatin-Induced Apoptosis by the Upregulation of Topo-I and Topo-II β
Article first published online: 3 MAY 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 294, Issue 6, pages 961–969, June 2011
How to Cite
Wang, C., Yan, L., Wang, Y., Lin, B., Liu, S., Li, Q., Gao, L., Zhang, S. and Iwamori, M. (2011), Overexpression of Lewis (y) Antigen Protects Ovarian Cancer RMG-1 Cells from Carboplatin-Induced Apoptosis by the Upregulation of Topo-I and Topo-II β. Anat Rec, 294: 961–969. doi: 10.1002/ar.21398
- Issue published online: 20 MAY 2011
- Article first published online: 3 MAY 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 15 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Received: 4 NOV 2010
- The National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Numbers: 30170980, 30571958, 30872757, 81072118
- The Education Department Doctor Project Fund. Grant Number: 20070159023
- The Key Laboratory Project of Liaoning Province Education Office. Grant Number: 2008S247
- The Free Researchers' Plan of Shengjing Hospital. Grant Number: 200807
- Programs of Science and Technology Commission of Shenyang. Grant Number: F10-14-9-9-52
- 1999. Cell adhesion mediated drug resistance (CAM-DR): role of integrins and resistance to apoptosis in human myeloma cell lines. Blood 93: 1658–1667. , , , , .
- 1999. Selection of carbohydrate antigens in human epithelial ovarian cancers as targets for immunotherapy: serous and mucinous tumors exhibit distinctive patterns of expression. Int J Cancer 81: 193–198. , , , , .
- 2010. Effects of Lewis Y antigen on the gene expression of multiple drug resistance-associated proteins in human ovarian cancer RMG-I-H cells. Med Oncol 27: 960–967. , , , , .
- 2002. Mechanisms of cancer drug resistance. Annu Rev Med 53: 615–627. .
- 2008. Alpha1,2-fucosyltransferase gene transfection influences on biological behavior of ovarian carcinoma-derived RMG-I cells. Fen Zi Xi Bao Sheng Wu Xue Bao 41: 435–442. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Cell adhesion to fibronectin (CAM-DR) influences acquired mitoxantrone resistance in U937 cells. Cancer Res 66: 2338–2345. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Mechanisms associated with cell adhesion mediated drug resistance (CAM-DR) in hematopoietic malignancies. Cancer Metastasis Rev 20: 43–50. , .
- 2001. Reduction in drug-induced DNA double-strand breaks associated with beta1 integrin-mediated adhesion correlates with drug resistance in U937 cells. Blood 98: 1897–1903. , , , , , , .
- 1990. Highly tumor-reactive, internalizing, mouse monoclonal antibodies to Le(y)-related cell surface antigens. Cancer Res 50: 2183–2190. , , , .
- 2007. Extracellular matrix regulation of drug resistance in small-cell lung cancer. Int J Radiat Biol 83: 733–741. , , .
- 2007. Cancer statistics, 2007. CA Cancer J Clin 57: 43–66. , , , , , .
- 2001. Integrin alphavbeta3 promotes anchorage-dependent apoptosis in human intestinal carcinoma cells. Oncogene 20: 4710–4717. , , , .
- 2009. Lewis y antigen promotes the proliferation of ovarian carcinoma-derived RMG-I cells through the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 28: 154. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Lewis(y) antigen stimulates the growth of ovarian cancer cells via regulation of the epidermal growth factor receptor pathway. Oncol Rep 23: 833–841. , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Role of the alpha v-integrin subunit in cell proliferation, apoptosis and tumor metastasis of laryngeal and hypopharyngeal squamous cell carcinomas: a clinical and in vitro investigation. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 266: 89–96. , , , , .
- 2005. Mechanisms of drug resistance in cancer chemotherapy. Med Princ Pract 14 ( Suppl 1): 35–48. .
- 2005. High expression of Lewis y/b antigens is associated with decreased survival in lymph node negative breast carcinomas. Breast Cancer Res 7: R780–787. , , , , , .
- 2002. Altered adhesion properties and alphav integrin expression in a cisplatin-resistant human ovarian carcinoma cell line. Int J Cancer 97: 186–194. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Phase I trial of the anti-Lewis Y drug immunoconjugate BR96-doxorubicin in patients with lewis Y-expressing epithelial tumors. J Clin Oncol 18: 2282–2292. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Combination chemotherapy of oxaliplatin and 5-fluorouracil may be an effective regimen for mucinous adenocarcinoma of the ovary: a potential treatment strategy. Cancer Sci 100: 546–551. , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Extracellular matrix proteins protect small cell lung cancer cells against apoptosis: a mechanism for small cell lung cancer growth and drug resistance in vivo. Nat Med 5: 662–668. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Vitronectin, a glioma-derived extracellular matrix protein, protects tumor cells from apoptotic death. Clin Cancer Res 5: 1587–1594. , , , , .
- 2010. Enhancement of the adhesive and spreading potentials of ovarian carcinoma RMG-1 cells due to increased expression of integrin alpha5beta1 with the Lewis Y-structure on transfection of the alpha1,2-fucosyltransferase gene. Biochimie 92: 852–857. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Role of microRNA in anticancer drug resistance. Int J Cancer 126: 2–10. , , , .