Li Li and Yi Shan contributed equally to this paper.
Upregulation of LAPTM4B-35 Promotes Malignant Transformation and Tumorigenesis in L02 Human Liver Cell Line
Article first published online: 26 MAY 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 294, Issue 7, pages 1135–1142, July 2011
How to Cite
Li, L., Shan, Y., Yang, H., Zhang, S., Lin, M., Zhu, P., Chen, X.-Y., Yi, J., Mcnutt, M. A., Shao, G.-Z. and Zhou, R.-L. (2011), Upregulation of LAPTM4B-35 Promotes Malignant Transformation and Tumorigenesis in L02 Human Liver Cell Line. Anat Rec, 294: 1135–1142. doi: 10.1002/ar.21421
- Issue published online: 15 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 26 MAY 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 APR 2011
- Manuscript Received: 30 DEC 2010
- The National High Technology R&D Program (863 Program). Grant Number: 2006AA02A305
- The Special Fund for Promotion of Education, Ministry of Education P.R.C. (985 Program)
- Beijing Municipal Education Commission Chan Xueyan Build Cooperation Projects. Grant Number: ZH100010502
- 1987. A rapid in vitro assay for quantitating the invasive potential of tumor cells. Cancer Res 47: 3239–3245. , , , , , , .
- 1997. Akt phosphorylation of BAD couples survival signals to the cell-intrinsic death machinery. Cell 91: 231–241. , , , , , , .
- 2007. Hepatocellular carcinoma: epidemiology and molecular carcinogenesis. Gastroenterology 132: 2557–2576. .
- 1982. Monoclonal antibody to 5-bromo- and 5-iododeoxyuridine: a new reagent for detection of DNA replication. Science 218: 474–475. .
- 2003. Induction of apoptosis by caffeine is mediated by the p53, Bax, and caspase 3 pathways. Cancer Res 63: 4396–4401. , , , , , .
- 1996. Role of Ced-3/ICE-family proteases in staurosporine-induced programmed cell death. J Cell Biol 133: 1041–1051. , , .
- 2005. The human LAPTM4b transcript is upregulated in various types of solid tumours and seems to play a dual functional role during tumour progression. Cancer Lett 224: 93–103. , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. LAPTM4B: a novel cancer-associated gene motivates multidrug resistance through efflux and activating PI3K/AKT signaling. Oncogene 29: 5785–5795. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Hepatocellular carcinoma. Lancet 362: 1907–1917. , , .
- 2002. The protein kinase B/Akt signalling pathway in human malignancy. Cell Signal 14: 381–395. , .
- 2002. c-MYC: more than just a matter of life and death. Nat Rev Cancer 2: 764–776. , , .
- 2005. Expression of lysosome-associated protein transmembrane 4B-35 in cancer and its correlation with the differentiation status of hepatocellular carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol 11: 2704–2708. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Single-cell fluorescence resonance energy transfer analysis demonstrates that caspase activation during apoptosis is a rapid process. Role of caspase-3. J Biol Chem 277: 24506–24514. , , , , , .
- 1997. Caspases: intracellular signaling by proteolysis. Cell 91: 443–446. , .
- 2002. IAP proteins: blocking the road to death's door. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 3: 401–410. , .
- 2006. Oncogenic PI3K and its role in cancer. Curr Opin Oncol 18: 77–82. , .
- 2006. Epidemiology of hepatocellular carcinoma in areas of low hepatitis B and hepatitis C endemicity. Oncogene 25: 3771–3777. , .
- 2003. Molecular cloning and characterization of LAPTM4B, a novel gene upregulated in hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncogene 22: 5060–5069. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. The phosphoinositide 3-kinase pathway and cancer. Expert Rev Mol Med 7: 1–22. .
- 2008. High-dimensional biology to comprehend hepatocellular carcinoma. Expert Rev Proteomics 5: 45–60. , .
- 2009. LAPTM4B-35 overexpression is a risk factor for tumor recurrence and poor prognosis in hepatocellular carcinoma. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136: 275–281. , , , , , .
- 2010. LAPTM4B-35 promotes growth and metastasis of hepatocelluar carcinoma. Cancer Lett 294: 236–244. , , , , , .
- 1996. An acid phosphatase assay for quantifying the growth of adherent and nonadherent cells. Anal Biochem 241: 103–108. , , .
- 2008. LAPTM4B overexpression is an independent prognostic marker in ovarian carcinoma. Oncol Rep 20: 1077–1083. , , , , , , .
- 2007. Overexpression of LAPTM4B-35 closely correlated with clinicopathological features and post-resectional survival of gallbladder carcinoma. Eur J Cancer 43: 809–815. , , , , , , .
- 2008. Expression of LAPTM4B-35: a novel marker of progression, invasiveness and poor prognosis of extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma. Cancer Lett 264: 209–217. , , , , , , , .