Vesicular Glutamate Transporter Immunoreactivity in the Periodontal Ligament of the Rat Incisor
Article first published online: 28 SEP 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 295, Issue 1, pages 160–166, January 2012
How to Cite
Honma, S., Kato, A., Shi, L., Yatani, H. and Wakisaka, S. (2012), Vesicular Glutamate Transporter Immunoreactivity in the Periodontal Ligament of the Rat Incisor. Anat Rec, 295: 160–166. doi: 10.1002/ar.21465
- Issue published online: 14 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 28 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Received: 22 MAR 2011
- The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS). Grant Number: 22791763 to SH
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Science, Sports and Technology of Japan (MEXT): Promotion of Multi-disciplinary Research Project “Translational Research Network on Orofacial Neurological Disorders” to SW
- 2000. Molecular closing of a novel brain-type Na(+)-dependent inorganic phosphate cotransporter. J Neurochem 74: 2622–2625. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Uptake of glutamate into synapse vesicles by an inorganic phosphate transporter. Science 289: 957–960. , , , .
- 2005. Autogenic modulation of mechanoreceptor excitability by glutamate release from synaptic-like vesicles: evidence from the rat muscle spindle primary sensory ending. J Physiol 562: 381–394. , , , .
- 2007. Expression of the vesicular glutamate transporters-1 and -2 in adult mouse dorsal root ganglia and spinal cord and their regulation by nerve injury. Neuroscience 147: 469–490. , , .
- 1985. Sensory innervation of periodontal ligament of rat molars consists of unencapsulated Ruffini-like mechanoreceptors and free nerve endings. J Comp Neurol 231: 500–518. .
- 2002. The identification of vesicular glutamate transporter 3 suggests novel model of signaling by glutamate. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 99: 14488–14493. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. A third vesicular glutamate transporter expressed by cholinergic and serotoninergic neurons. J Neurosci 22: 5442–5451. , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Glutamate signaling in peripheral tissues. Eur J Biochem 271: 1–13. , , , , .
- 2010. Immunohistochemical localization of SNARE proteins in dental pulp and periodontal ligament of t he rat incisor. Anat Rec 293: 1070–1080. , , , , .
- 2002. Immunohistochemical localization of candidates for vesicular glutamate transporters in the rat brain. J Comp Neurol 444: 39–62. , , .
- 2004. Expression of vesicular glutamate transporters in rat lumbar spinal cord, with a note on dorsal root ganglia. J Comp Neurol 468: 380–394. , , , , .
- 2003a. Expression of vesicular glutamate transporters, VGluT1 and VGluT2, in axon terminals of nociceptive primary afferent fibers in the superficial layers of the medullary and spinal dorsal horns of the rat. J Comp Neurol 457: 236–249. , , , .
- 2003b. Vesicular glutamate transporters, VGluT1 and VGluT2, in the trigeminal ganglion neurons of the rat, with special reference to coexpression. J Comp Neurol 463: 212–220. , , , , .
- 2010. Assessment of poteintial role of muscle spindle mechanoreceptor afferents in chronic muscle pain in the rat masseter muscle. PLoS One 5: e11131. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Ruffini ending as an essential mechanoreceptor in periodontal ligament - its morphology, cytochemical feature, regeneration and development. Crit Rev Oral Biol Med 10: 307–327. , , , , .
- 1989. The ultrastructure of Ruffini endings in the periodontal ligament of rat incisor with special reference to the terminal Schwann cells (K-cells). Anat Rec 223: 95–103. , , , , .
- 1994. Cloning and expression of a cDNA encoding a brain-specific Na(+)-dependent inorganic phosphate cotransporter. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91: 5607–5611. , , , .
- 2004. Merkel cells, corpuscular nerve endings and free nerve endings in the mouse palatine mucosa express three subtypes of vesicular glutamate transporters. J Neurocytol 33: 359–376. , , .
- 2003. Cellular localization of three vesicular glutamate transporter mRNAs and proteins in rat spinal cord and dorsal root ganglia. Synapse 50: 117–129. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Expression of vesicular glutamate transporter 1 immunoreactivity in peripheral and central endings of trigeminal mesencephalic nucleus neurons in the rat. J Comp Neurol 498: 129–141. , , , , , .
- 2002. Molecular closing and functional identification of mouse vesicular glutamate transporter 3 and its expression in subsets of novel excitatory neurons. J Biol Chem 277: 50734–50748. , , , , .
- 2003. The expression of vesicular glutamate transporters VGLUT1 and VGLUT2 in neurochemically defined axonal populations in the rat spinal cord with emphasis on dorsal horn. Eur J Neurosci 17: 13–27. , , , , , , .
- 2000. Morphological and cytochemical characteristics of periodontal Ruffini ending under normal and regeneration processes. Arch Histol Cytol 63: 91–113. , , , .
- 2004. Vesicular glutamate transporter immunoreactivity in the central and peripheral endings of muscle-spindle afferents. Brain Res 1011: 247–251. , , , , , , , , .