Lipopolysaccharide-Induced In Vivo Activation of Follicular Dendritic Cells is Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor-1 Independent
Version of Record online: 28 SEP 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 295, Issue 1, pages 87–90, January 2012
How to Cite
Milićević, N. M., Milićević, Ž. and Westermann, J. (2012), Lipopolysaccharide-Induced In Vivo Activation of Follicular Dendritic Cells is Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor-1 Independent. Anat Rec, 295: 87–90. doi: 10.1002/ar.21466
- Issue online: 14 DEC 2011
- Version of Record online: 28 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 30 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Received: 8 MAR 2011
- Ministry for Science and Technological Development of Republic of Serbia and Alexander von Humboldt-Foundation, Bonn, Germany (Institutional Academic Cooperation between Beograd and Lübeck). Grant Numbers: 175005, DEU/1033146
- 2008. Follicular dendritic cell networks of primary follicles and germinal centers: phenotype and function. Semin Immunol 20: 14–25. , .
- 2007. TLR4 on follicular dendritic cells: an activation pathway that promotes accessory activity. J Immunol 179: 4444–4450. , , , , .
- 1983. The architecture of rat lymph nodes. I. Combined light and electron microscopy of lymph node cell types. Anat Embryol (Berl) 167: 229–246. , .
- 2010. Toll-like receptor 4 signaling by follicular dendritic cells is pivotal for germinal center onset and affinity maturation. Immunity 33: 84–95. , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Differentiation of follicular dendritic cells and full antibody responses require tumor necrosis factor receptor-1 signaling. J Exp Med 183: 2367–2372. , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Mutant mice without B lymphocyte follicles. J Exp Med 184: 1207–1211. , .
- 1997a. Lymphotoxin-alpha-deficient and TNF receptor-I-deficient mice define developmental and functional characteristics of germinal centers. Immunol Rev 156: 137–144. , , , .
- 1997b. Distinct roles of lymphotoxin alpha and the type I tumor necrosis factor (TNF) receptor in the establishment of follicular dendritic cells from non-bone marrow-derived cells. J Exp Med 186: 1997–2004. , , , , , , , .
- 2011. TNF receptor-1 is required for the formation of splenic compartments during adult, but not embryonic life. J Immunol 186: 1486–1494. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Immune and inflammatory responses in TNF alpha-deficient mice: a critical requirement for TNF alpha in the formation of primary B cell follicles, follicular dendritic cell networks and germinal centers, and in the maturation of the humoral immune response. J Exp Med 184: 1397–1411. , , , .
- 1997. Peyer's patch organogenesis is intact yet formation of B lymphocyte follicles is defective in peripheral lymphoid organs of mice deficient for tumor necrosis factor and its 55-kDa receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94: 6319–6323. , , , , , .
- 2000. Tumor necrosis factor and the p55TNF receptor are required for optimal development of the marginal sinus and for migration of follicular dendritic cell precursors into splenic follicles. Cell Immunol 201: 33–41. , , , .
- 1993. Mice deficient for the 55 kD tumor necrosis factor receptor are resistant to endotoxic shock, yet succumb to L. monocytogenes infection. Cell 73: 457–467. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1970. Intestinal absorption of D-xylose by germfree rats. Experientia 26: 1215–1216. , , .
- 2006. FDC-specific functions of p55TNFR and IKK2 in the development of FDC networks and of antibody responses. Immunity 24: 65–77. , , , , , , .