Changes in Serum Ghrelin and Small Intestinal Motility in Rats with Ischemic Stroke
Article first published online: 20 DEC 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 295, Issue 2, pages 307–312, February 2012
How to Cite
Xu, X., Zhu, Y. and Chuai, J. (2012), Changes in Serum Ghrelin and Small Intestinal Motility in Rats with Ischemic Stroke. Anat Rec, 295: 307–312. doi: 10.1002/ar.21490
- Issue published online: 11 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 20 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Received: 15 MAY 2011
- 2005. Stomach regulates energy balance via acylated ghrelin and desacyl ghrelin. Gut 54: 18–24. , , , , , , , .
- 2009. The course and outcome of unilateral intracranial arteriopathy in 79 children with ischaemic stroke. Brain 132: 544–557. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Reduced heart rate volatility: an early predictor of death in trauma patients. Ann Surg 240: 547–556. , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Rapid onset of intestinal epithelial and lymphocyte apoptotic cell death in patients with trauma and shock. Crit Care Med 28: 3207–3217. , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Effect of a specific synthetic inhibitor of neutrophil elastase (ONO-5046) on the course of acute hemorrhagic pancreatitis in dogs. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 5: 422–428. , , , .
- 2002. Ghrelin, a new gastrointestinal endocrine peptide that stimulates insulin secretion: enteric distribution, ontogeny, influence of endocrine, and dietary manipulations. Endocrinology 143: 185–190. , , , , .
- 2003. Expression and function of apoptosis-related genes Bcl-2/Bax and Fas/Fas L in the course of stress ulcer. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 83: 504–509. , , , .
- 1989. Reversible middle cerebral artery occlusion without craniectomy in rats. Stroke 20: 84–91. , , , .
- Finnish Diabetes Prevention Study Group. 2008. Variations in the ghrelin receptor gene associate with obesity and glucose metabolism in individuals with impaired glucose tolerance. PLoS One 3: 2941. , , , , , , , , , ;
- 2001. Attenuation of ischemic brain edema and cerebrovascular injury after ischemic preconditioning in the rat. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 21: 22–33. , , , , .
- 2008. Plasma obestatin, ghrelin, and ghrelin/obestatin ratio are increased in underweight patients with anorexia nervosa but not in symptomatic patients with bulimia nervosa. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93: 4418–4421. , , , , .
- 2005. Restraint stress delays solid gastric emptying via a central CRF and peripheral sympathetic neuron in rats. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 288: 427–432. , , , , , .
- 2003. Metabolic response to trauma and stress. Med Arh 57: 57–60. , , , , .
- 1998. The influence of intestinal ischemia and reperfusion on bidirectional intestinal barrier permeability, cellular membrane integrity, proteinase inhibitors, and cell death in rats. Shock 10: 203–212. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Ghrelin-induced stimulation of colonic propulsion is dependent on hypothalamic neuropeptide Y1- and corticotrophin-releasing factor 1 receptor activation. J Neuroendocrinol 17: 570–576. , , , , , .
- 2006. Des-acyl ghrelin induces food intake by a mechanism independent of the growth hormone secretagogue receptor. Endocrinology 147: 2306–2314. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Gastric mucosal defense and cytoprotection. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 24: 99–108. , .
- 2008. Treatment with melagatran alone or in combination with thrombolytic therapy reduced ischemic brain injury. Exp Neurol 213: 171–175. , , .
- 2005. Evidence for the presence of motilin, ghrelin, and the motilin and ghrelin receptor in neurons of the myenteric plexus. Regul Pept 124: 119–125. , , , , , , .