Bin Guo and Wei Wang contributed equally to this work
Differential Expression and Regulation of Angiopoietin-2 in Mouse Uterus During Preimplantation Period
Article first published online: 18 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 295, Issue 2, pages 338–346, February 2012
How to Cite
Guo, B., Wang, W., Li, S.-J., Han, Y.-S., Zhang, L., Zhang, X.-M., Liu, J.-X. and Yue, Z.-P. (2012), Differential Expression and Regulation of Angiopoietin-2 in Mouse Uterus During Preimplantation Period. Anat Rec, 295: 338–346. doi: 10.1002/ar.21494
- Issue published online: 11 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 18 NOV 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 30 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Received: 15 JUN 2011
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Numbers: 31072099, 31101778
- National Hi-Tech Research Development Program of China. Grant Numbers: 2007AA10Z150, 20100061110078, 09ZDGG008
- Scientific Research Foundation of Jilin University. Grant Number: 4305050102PO
- 2009. Control of vascular morphogenesis and homeostasis through the angiopoietin-Tie system. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 10: 165–177. , , ,
- 2006. Post-implantation mouse conceptuses produce paracrine signals that regulate the uterine endometrium undergoing decidualization. Dev Biol 294: 445–456. , .
- 2010. Divergent regulation of angiopoietin-1 and −2, Tie-2, and thrombospondin-1 expression by estrogen in the baboon endometrium. Mol Reprod Dev 77: 430–438. , , , , , .
- 1995. Differential expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptor mRNAs in the mouse uterus around the time of implantation. J Endocrinol 147: 339–352. , , .
- 2004. Molecular cues to implantation. Endocr Rev 25: 341–373. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Tie receptors and their angiopoietin ligands are context-dependent regulators of vascular remodeling. Exp Cell Res 312: 630–641. , .
- 2002. Human placental vascular development: vasculogenic and angiogenic (branching and nonbranching) transformation is regulated by vascular endothelial growth factor-A, angiopoietin-1, and angiopoietin-2. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87: 4213–4224. , , , , , .
- 2003. Differential expression of angiopoietins 1 and 2 and their receptor Tie-2 in human endometrium. Mol Hum Reprod 9: 663–669. , , , , , .
- 1999. New model of tumor angiogenesis: dynamic balance between vessel regression and growth mediated by angiopoietins and VEGF. Oncogene 18: 5356–5362. , , .
- 2006. Effects of estradiol-17beta on expression of mRNA for seven angiogenic factors and their receptors in the endometrium of ovariectomized (OVX) ewes. Endocrine 30: 333–342. , , , .
- 1997. Critical components of the female reproductive pathway are suppressed by the angiogenesis inhibitor AGM-1470. Nat Med 3: 443–446. , , , .
- 2004. Endometrial angiopoietin expression and modulation by thrombin and steroid hormones: a mechanism for abnormal angiogenesis following long-term progestin-only contraception. Am J Pathol 164: 2101–2107. , , , , , , .
- 2000. Expression of angiopoietin-2 by human endometrial endothelial cells: regulation by hypoxia and inflammation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 275: 159–163. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Downregulation of human endometrial IL-18 by exogenous ovarian steroids. Am J Reprod Immunol 56: 119–123. , , , , .
- 2001. Angiogenic growth factor messenger ribonucleic acids in uterine natural killer cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86: 1823–1834. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Expression of angiopoietin-1/-2 in the process of mouse embryo implantation. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 27: 200–202. , .
- 2001. Adult tissue angiogenesis: evidence for negative regulation by estrogen in the uterus. Mol Endocrinol 15: 1983–1992. , , , , , , .
- 1997. Angiopoietin-2, a natural antagonist for Tie2 that disrupts in vivo angiogenesis. Science 277: 55–60. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Cyclooxygenase-2 differentially directs uterine angiogenesis during implantation in mice. J Biol Chem 277: 29260–29267. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Uterine angiogenesis during implantation and decidualization in mice. Reprod Med Biol 5: 81–86. , .
- 2001. Role of vascular endothelial growth factor in endometrial vascular events before implantation in rats. Reproduction 122: 85–90. , .
- 2002. Inhibition of vascular endothelial growth factor/vascular permeability factor action blocks estrogen-induced uterine edema and implantation in rodents. Biol Reprod 67: 1804–1810. , , , .
- 2009. Localization of angiogenic growth factors and their receptors in the human placental bed throughout normal human pregnancy. Placenta 30: 79–87. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Novel antiangiogenic agents for use in contraception. Contraception 71: 263–271. , , , , .
- 2007. Angiogenesis in implantation. J Assist Reprod Genet 24: 303–315. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Localization of Ang-1, −2, Tie-2, and VEGF expression at endothelial-pericyte interdigitation in rat angiogenesis. Lab Invest 86: 1172–1184. , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Roadmap to embryo implantation: clues from mouse models. Nat Rev Genet 7: 185–199. , .
- 2003. Human cytotrophoblasts promote endothelial survival and vascular remodeling through secretion of Ang-2, PlGF, and VEGF-C9. Dev Biol 263: 114–125. , , , , .