Development of the Human Corpus Striatum and the Presence of nNOS and 5-HT2A receptors
Article first published online: 18 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 295, Issue 1, pages 127–131, January 2012
How to Cite
Hu, Z., Rudd, J. A. and Fang, M. (2012), Development of the Human Corpus Striatum and the Presence of nNOS and 5-HT2A receptors. Anat Rec, 295: 127–131. doi: 10.1002/ar.21497
- Issue published online: 14 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 18 NOV 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Received: 24 MAY 2011
- Science Foundation of Hangzhou Health Bureau. Grant Number: 2006Z005
- Medical Science Research Foundation of Zhejiang Province. Grant Number: 2009B134
- 2005. Patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder have increased 5-HT2A receptor binding in the caudate nuclei. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 8: 391–401. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Time-related changes in constitutive and inducible nitric oxide synthases in the rat striatum in a model of Huntington's disease. Neurotoxicology 28: 1200–1207. , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Differential role of the nNOS gene in the development of behavioral sensitization to cocaine in adolescent and adult B6;129S mice. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 200: 509–519. , , .
- 2003. Intrastriatal serotonin 5-HT2A receptors mediate dopamine D1-induced hyperlocomotion in 6-hydroxydopamine-lesioned rats. Synapse 50: 164–170. , , .
- 2001. Distribution of serotonin 5-HT(2A) receptors in afferents of the rat striatum. Synapse 39: 297–304. , , , , .
- 2008. Age related changes from youth to adulthood in rat brain cortex: nitric oxide synthase and mitochondrial respiratory function. Neurochem Res 33: 1216–1223. , , , .
- 2006. Regional age-related changes in neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS), messenger RNA levels and activity in SAMP8 brain. BMC Neurosci 7: 81. , , , , , , .
- 2008. The effect of selective inhibition of cyclic GMP hydrolyzing phosphodiesterases 2 and 5 on learning and memory processes and nitric oxide synthase activity in brain during aging. Brain Res 1216: 68–77. , .
- 2006. Inflammatory responses of the substantia nigra after acute hypoxia in neonatal rats. Exp Neurol 197: 391–398. , , .
- 2011. The neuroprotective effects of reg-2 following spinal cord transection injury. Anat Rec (Hoboken) 294: 24–45. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. The postnatal development of the cerebellum- a fMRI and silver study. Cell Mol Neurobiol 25: 1043–1050. , , , , , , .
- 2007. NO synthase-positive striatal interneurons are decreased in schizophrenia. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 17: 595–599. , , , , , , .
- 2008. In vivo electrophysiology of dopamine-denervated striatum: focus on the nitric oxide/cGMP signaling pathway. Synapse 62: 409–420. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. The subtypes of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors on dopaminergic terminals of mouse striatum. Biochem Pharmacol 74: 1235–1246. , , , , , , .
- 2008. Age-related changes of NGF, BDNF, parvalbumin and neuronal nitric oxide synthase immunoreactivity in the mouse hippocampal CA1 sector. Metab Brain Dis 23: 199–211. , , , , .
- 2010. Analysis of neuronal nitric oxide synthase expression and increasing astrogliosis in the brain of senescence-accelerated-prone 8 mice. Int J Neurosci 120: 602–608. , , , , , .
- 2003. NADPH-diaphorase staining reveals new types of interneurons in human putamen. Brain Res 980: 92–99. , , , , .
- 2005. Morphological abnormalities in nitric-oxide-synthase-positive striatal interneurons of schizophrenic patients. Neuropsychobiology 52: 111–117. , , , , , .
- 2006. Neurogenesis in the caudate nucleus of the adult rabbit. J Neurosci 26: 609–621. , , , .
- 2008. Methamphetamine-induced sensitization includes a functional upregulation of ventral pallidal 5-HT2A/2C receptors. Synapse 62: 14–21. , .
- 1999. Time dependence and role of N-methyl-D-aspartate glutamate receptors in the priming of D2-mediated rotational behavior and striatal Fos expression in 6-hydroxydopamine lesioned rats. Brain Res 827: 160–168. , .
- 1999. Prior D1 dopamine receptor stimulation is required to prime D2-mediated striatal Fos expression in 6-hydroxydopamine-lesioned rats. Neuroscience 94: 505–514. , .
- 2005. Role of NMDA and AMPA glutamate receptors in the induction and the expression of dopamine-mediated sensitization in 6-hydroxydopamine-lesioned rats. Synapse 56: 45–53. , , .
- 2002. 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C/2B receptor subtypes modulate dopamine release induced in vivo by amphetamine and morphine in both the rat nucleus accumbens and striatum. Neuropsychopharmacology 26: 311–324. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Development of the human insular cortex: differentiation, proliferation, cell death, and appearance of 5-HT2A receptors. Histochem Cell Biol 30: 1199–1204. , , , , , .
- 2008. Protective action of neuronal nitric oxide synthase inhibitor in the MPTP mouse model of Parkinson's disease. Metab Brain Dis 23: 51–69. , , .
- 2007. The dopamine D1 receptor agonist, but not the D2 receptor agonist, induces gene expression of Homer 1a in rat striatum and nucleus accumbens. Brain Res 1131: 88–96. , , , , , , .
- 1999. Nitric oxide synthase neurons in different areas of normal aged and Alzheimer's brains. Neuroscience 89: 675–686. , , , , .