Na Wang and Fachen Zhou are contributed equally to this work.
Screening and Identification of Distant Metastasis-Related Differentially Expressed Genes in Human Squamous Cell Lung Carcinoma
Article first published online: 15 MAR 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 295, Issue 5, pages 748–757, May 2012
How to Cite
Wang, N., Zhou, F., Xiong, H., Du, S., Ma, J., Okai, I., Wang, J., Suo, J., Hao, L., Song, Y., Hu, J. and Shao, S. (2012), Screening and Identification of Distant Metastasis-Related Differentially Expressed Genes in Human Squamous Cell Lung Carcinoma. Anat Rec, 295: 748–757. doi: 10.1002/ar.22441
- Issue published online: 11 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 15 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Received: 22 JUN 2011
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Numbers: 20935004, 81071784, 30971539
- The Ph.D. Programs Foundation of Ministry of Education of China. Grant Number: 20092105110004
- Project of Liaoning Provincial Science & Technology Department. Grant Number: 20102056
- 2008. Glypican-3 is overexpressed in lung squamous cell carcinoma, but not in adenocarcinoma. Mod Pathol 21: 817–825. , , .
- 1995. Surfactant protein gene expression in metastatic and micrometastatic pulmonary adenocarcinomas and other non-small-cell lung carcinomas: detection by reverse trarscriptase-polymerase chain reaction. Cancer Res 55: 4283–4286. , , , , .
- 2010. Association of TMPRSS2 and KLK11 gene expression levels with clinical progression of human prostate cancer. Med Oncol 27: 145–151. , , , , , , .
- 2010. Homotypic gap junctional communication associated with metastasis suppression increases with PKA activity and is unaffected by PI3K inhibition. Cancer Res 70: 10002–10011. , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Checkpoint regulation of DNA replication. Methods Mol Biol 521: 55–70. , , .
- 1998. The hydrophobic pocket of 24p3 protein from mouse uterine luminal fluid: fatty acid and retinol binding activity and predicted structural similarity to lipocalins. J Pept Res 52: 390–397. , , , .
- 1997. Molecular characterization and pattern of tissue expression of the gene for neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin from humans. Genomics 45: 17–23. , .
- 2005. Metastatic transcriptional pattern revealed by gene expression profiling in primary colorectal carcinoma. Int J Cancer 115: 256–262. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Induction of apoptosis by a secreted lipocalin that is transcriptionally regulated by IL-3 deprivation. Science 293: 829–834. , , , .
- 2002. The neutrophil lipocalin NGAL is a bacteriostatic agent that interferes with siderophoremediated iron acquisition. Mol Cell 10: 1033–1043. , , , , , .
- 2007a. Large scale genetic screen identifies MAP17 as protein bypassing TNF-induced growth arrest. J Cell Biochem 101: 112–121. , , , , .
- 2007b. MAP17 enhances the malignant behavior of tumor cells through ROS increase. Carcinogenesis 28: 2096–2104. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007c. MAP17 overexpression is a common characteristic of carcinomas. Carcinogenesis 28: 1646–1652. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007d. MAP17 inhibits Myc-induced apoptosis through PI3K/AKT pathway activation. Carcinogenesis 28: 2443–2450. , , , , .
- 2002. Expression profiling of primary non-small cell lung cancer for target identification. Oncogene 21: 7749–7763. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Identification of novel tumour-associated genes differentially expressed in the process of squamous cell cancer development. Oncogene 25: 111–121. , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Normal human mammary epithelial cells proliferate rapidly in the presence of elevated levels of the tumor suppressors p53 and p21(WAF1/CIP1). J Cell Sci 122: 2989–2995. , , , , , , .
- 2007. A metastatic signature in entire lung adenocarcinomas irrespective of morphological heterogeneity. Human Pathol 38: 702–709. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Epithelial–mesenchymal transition and its implications for fibrosis. J Clin Invest 112: 1776–1784. , .
- 1999. Expression profiling in cancer using cDNA microarrays. Electrophoresis 20: 223–229. , , , , , .
- 1996. Progelatinase B forms from human neutrophils. Complex formation of monomer/lipocalin with TIMP-1. Biol Chem 377: 529–533. , , , , .
- 2007. Clinical evidence for a protective role of lipocalin-2 against MMP-9 autodegradation and the impact for gastric cancer. Eur J Cancer 43: 1869–1876. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. A flexible multiplex bead-based assay for detecting germline CDKN2A and CDK4 variants in melanoma-prone kindreds. J Invest Dermatol 131: 480–486. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Expression of haptoglobin predicts recurrence in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Clin Chim Acta 411: 1116–1121. , , , , , .
- 2006. Downregulation of gap junctions in cancer cells. Crit Rev Oncog 12: 225–256. , , , .
- 2010. Microarray analysis of differentially expressed genes between nasopharyngeal carcinoma cell lines 5–8F and 6–10B. Cancer Genet Cytogenet 196: 23–30. , , , , .
- 2001. Analysis of relative gene expression data using real-time quantitative PCR and the 2-ΔΔCT methods. Methods 25: 402–408. , .
- 2005. Hypermethylation of the 5′ CpG island of the gene encoding the serine protease Testisin promotes its loss in testicular tumorigenesis. Br J Cancer 92: 760–769. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Expression of 90K (Mac-2 BP) correlates with distant metastasis and predicts survival in stage I non-small cell lung cancer patients. Cancer Res 62: 2535–2539. , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. A molecular signature of metastasis in primary solid tumors. Nat Genet 33: 49–54. , , , .
- 1997. Control of the G1/S transition. Cancer Surv 29: 7–23. .
- 2000. Systematic variation in gene expression patterns in human cancer cell lines. Nat Genet 24: 227–235. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Apolipoprotein D predicts adverse outcome in women P70 years with operable breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat 113: 519–528. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Mutation analysis of genes that control the G1/S cell cycle in melanoma: TP53, CDKN1A, CDKN2A, and CDKN2B. BMC Cancer 5: 36–44. , , , .
- 1998. Heterogeneous expression of the lipocalin NGAL in primary breast cancers. Int J Cancer 79: 565–572. , , , , , .
- 2008. Generation of a non-small cell lung cancer transcriptome microarray. BMC Med Genom 1: 20–31. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Epithelial–mesenchymal transitions in tumour progression. Nat Ren Cancer 2: 442–454. .
- 1990. Amplified RNA synthesized from limited quantities of heterogenous cDNA. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 87: 1663–1667. , , .
- 1998. Virtually 100% of melanoma cell lines harbor alterations at the DNA level within CDKN2A, CDKN2B, or one of their downstream targets. Genes Chromosomes Cancer 22: 157–163. , , , , , .
- 2008. Identification of differential gene expression profiles of radioresistant lung cancer cell line established by fractionated ionizing radiation in vitro. Chin Med J 121: 1830–1837. , , , , .
- 2001. The high molecular weight urinary matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) activity is a complex of gelatinase B/MMP-9 and neutrophil gelatinaseassociated lipocalin (NGAL). Modulation of MMP-9 activity by NGAL. J Biol Chem 276: 37258–37265. , , , .
- 2009. Lipocalin 2 promotes breast cancer progression. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 106: 3913–3918. , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Interaction of testisin with maspin and its impact on invasion and cell death resistance of cervical cancer cells. FEBS Lett 584: 1469–1475. , , , , , , .
- 2009. Expression of MMP9 and CD147 in invasive squamous cell carcinoma of the uterine cervix and their implication. Pathol Res Pract 205: 709–715. , , , , .
- 2003. Serum levels of surfactant protein D are increased in mice with lung tumors. Cancer Res 63: 5889–5894. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Upregulation of neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin in oesophageal squamous cell carcinoma: significant correlation with cell differentiation and tumor invasion. J Clin Pathol 60: 555–561. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Clinical significance of neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) expression in primary rectal cancer. BMC Cancer 9: 134–140. , , , , , , , , .