Ling Liu and Zhenping Gao contributed equally to this work.
Comparative Study of Trans-Oral and Trans-Tracheal Intratracheal Instillations in a Murine Model of Acute Lung Injury
Version of Record online: 12 JUL 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 295, Issue 9, pages 1513–1519, September 2012
How to Cite
Liu, L., Gao, Z., Xia, C., Xu, Y., Ma, Z., Dong, C. and Li, B. (2012), Comparative Study of Trans-Oral and Trans-Tracheal Intratracheal Instillations in a Murine Model of Acute Lung Injury. Anat Rec, 295: 1513–1519. doi: 10.1002/ar.22531
- Issue online: 16 AUG 2012
- Version of Record online: 12 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 24 DEC 2011
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Number: 81100030
- 2000. Neutrophils as early immunologic effectors in hemorrhage- or endotoxemia-induced acute lung injury. Am J Physiol Lung C 279: L1137–L1145. , , , .
- 2010. Humanized monoclonal antibody against the chemokine CXCL-8 (IL-8) effectively prevents acute lung injury. Int Immunopharmacol 10: 259–263. , , , , .
- 2000. Intratracheal instillation as an exposure technique for the evaluation of respiratory tract toxicity: uses and limitations. Toxicol Sci 55: 24–35. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Mechanisms of alveolar epithelial repair in acute lung injury—a translational approach. Swiss Med Wkly 133: 586–590. .
- 2003. Incidence of acute lung injury in the United States. Crit Care Med 31: 1607–1611. , , , .
- 2007. Intrapulmonary delivery of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells improves survival and attenuates endotoxin-induced acute lung injury in mice. J Immunol 179: 1855–1863. , , , , , .
- 2008. High dose antithrombin III inhibits HMGB1 and improves endotoxin-induced acute lung injury in rats. Intensive Care Med 34: 361–367. , , , .
- 2011. Plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 deficiency exaggerates LPS-induced acute lung injury through enhancing Toll-like receptor 4 signaling pathway. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 22: 480–486. , , .
- 2011. Combined delivery of dexamethasone and plasmid DNA in an animal model of LPS-induced acute lung injury. J Control Release 156: 60–69. , , , , , .
- 2009. Clara cell protein (CC16), a marker of lung epithelial injury, is decreased in plasma and pulmonary edema fluid from patients with acute lung injury. Chest 135: 1440–1447. , , , .
- 2002. Anti-interleukin-8 autoantibodies in patients at risk for acute respiratory distress syndrome. Crit Care Med 30: 2335–2337. , , , , , .
- 2001. Anti-interleukin 8 autoantibody: interleukin 8 complexes in the acute respiratory distress syndrome—relationship between the complexes and clinical disease activity. Am J Resp Crit Care 163: 463–468. , , , , , .
- 2011. Pulmonary epithelial CCR3 promotes LPS-induced lung inflammation by mediating release of IL-8. J Cell Physiol 226: 2398–2405. , , , , , .
- 2010. Biodistribution of PEG-modified gold nanoparticles following intratracheal instillation and intravenous injection. Biomaterials 31: 6574–6581. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Prevention of LPS-induced acute lung injury in mice by mesenchymal stem cells overexpressing angiopoietin 1. PLoS Med 4: e269. , , , , , .
- 2011. Pulmonary toxicity of well-dispersed multi-wall carbon nanotubes following inhalation and intratracheal instillation. Nanotoxicology. [Epub ahead of print]. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Secretory group V phospholipase A(2) regulates acute lung injury and neutrophilic inflammation caused by LPS in mice. Am J Physiol Lung C 296: L879–L887. , , , , .
- 2005. Sequential recruitment of neutrophils into lung and bronchoalveolar lavage fluid in LPS-induced acute lung injury. Am J Physiol Lung C 289: L807–L815. , , , .
- 2006. Effects of N-acetylcysteine plus deferoxamine in lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injury in the rat. Crit Care Med 34: 471–477. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Incidence and outcomes of acute lung injury. N Engl J Med 353: 1685–1693. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Role of aquaporins in alveolar fluid clearance in neonatal and adult lung, and in oedema formation following acute lung injury: studies in transgenic aquaporin null mice. J Physiol Lond 525: 771–779. , , , , , .
- 2010. Beyond mortality: future clinical research in acute lung injury. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 181: 1121–1127. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Effect of continuous hemofiltration on hemodynamics, lung inflammation and pulmonary edema in a canine model of acute lung injury. Intens Care Med 29: 2034–2042. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Differential regulation of cytokine release and leukocyte migration by lipopolysaccharide-stimulated primary human lung alveolar type II epithelial cells and macrophages. J Immunol 178: 463–473. , , , , , .
- 2000. The acute respiratory distress syndrome. N Engl J Med 342: 1334–1349. , .
- 2008. Mannose prevents lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injury in rats. Inflamm Res 57: 104–110. , , , , , , .